Monday, March 08, 2010

Congrats Mo'Nique!

Congatulations to Mo'Nique on that Oscar win!



Good for you!

And that was one heckuva acceptance speech!

She was thankful that they did the right thing instead of getting all politcal.

And she's been saying and doing her thang despite all of us looking down our nose at her.

So what if she has an open marriage?

Do you or I govern our lives by what she does?

Uh, I don't. Do your thang. Make your own decisions. Newsflash: none of us pay her rent.

Nope I don't agree with her. And uh, a bunch of these folks got "open marriages" around here. They just ain't saying it. Look at Tiger... I won't go there.

But I am glad that she could step out of her comedic self and play a serious role... and be recognized for it.

Like she said her hubby said... something like, sometimes you got to do what's right.

And the role was right for her.

Congrats on the Oscar, Monique. Good for you.

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you SAID that!! These folkses DO have open marriages! HA! "they just ain't saying it"--You aint nevah lied! Hy-po-crites!
    I don't agree with her either, but I lurve Monique! She keeps on doing her thang! On and on and for that you haven't NOT seen her--she's a black actress WORKING! She was outrageously funny when she came on Oprah last year with the perfume in her bosom, and I'm soooo
    happy she won that award! Ishmael Reed is probably fuming right about now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she won too. That performance was too believable. I can't think of anyone else that could have played it the way she did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:23:00 AM

    I'm so happy for Monique. Also to the brother who won an Oscar for writing the screenplay, Precious.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!