Friday, March 12, 2010

Freestyle Fridays

TGIF, People...

Thank God it's Friday.

I have a bunch of posts to put up, but I'm being hard headed and doing other things. Add to that that I like to do my posts in the mornings, but if I wake up late, well... it's not gonna happen, man. So, I have to do better... And I will.

This week has gone by pretty fast for me for some reason. I suppose that's a good thing. It really means that work has been pretty hectic. Not a good thing.

I'm going in late to work this morning. I want to go talk to a farmer who sets up a booth in East Atlanta and sells his products. LadyTee wants a connection for farm pastured poultry and grass fed beef, and this guy might be it.

What's up with Toyota? People are reporting their issues with their cars now. I would NEVER in a million years think that Toyota would be a problem car? EVER.

Makes a Pontiac or an Oldsmobile sound good right about now, don't it?

This month, I've made the switch to all organic vegetables, as much as I can. Uh, I'm still trying to recover from the sticker shock of the grocery bill. Sigh.

Speaking of the vegetarian thing, I really need to post my goals for the spring. I then need to scrawl them in bright red paint on my bedroom wall so I can see them first thing in the morning when I open my eyes!

It's been raining alllll week long. Just bleary and dreary. I REALLY want to see the sun. It was so lovely last weekend.

I got my tax refund last week. It is wholly possible to be debt free minus the mortgage by the end of the month. Yes, I will do the right thing and pay every thing off.

But I really want a Lexus.

And I REALLY want to fly to some remote island and lay on the beach with a good book. I want to feel powder white sand in my toes. I want to feel the ocean breezes blowing through my hair.

I want, I want, I want... Me, me, me, I, I, I...

I want to stop being so selfish and self-serving. This means I will do the right thing and pay off my debt. I know they were asking me in one of the last couple of FFF meetings if it looked like I'll be debt free this year.

My answer: "I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT, MAN!!"

And then I went back to furiously crocheting the baby blanket I was working on.

LOL. Looks like I'll be able to tell the Oldgirls something useful at the next meeting. I know they are tired of my cynicism...

... and yearnings of not thinking about these matters and my HARD squawking and whining about going to sit off on a beach and talking about it.


Ladies of the Triple F Posse initiative, I just need to throw myself in an atmosphere where some words are going into my ears and going into my heart. It'll eventually sink in and I'll produce... something. So bear with me, financial freedom fightas... bear with me!!

*LadyLee doing her best to hold that mule*

Actor Corey Haim died this week. It's sad that when that happens we automatically think it's drugs. The man could've slipped up in the shower and hit his head. Who knows?

I don't judge the man. I myself have known to get blunted in the past. But when these things happen, I often look at myself in light of it. And a small food for thought skips through my mind...
"Those bad habits that you don't take care of will eventually be the source of your downfall."

I heard that in a sermon some years ago, and it is seared in my mind. I cringe every time I hit a related bible verse. Oh, if it ain't the truth... a scary truth.

I take stock of myself in the light of that sentence when some tragic things happen.

Really. And I'll probably spend time writing in my personal journal concerning such.

My brother Milk and Cookies is home from Iraq. He'll be here for 2 weeks. I hope to see him and the baby.



I heard just now from my sister that the first thing he did when he got home was go buy a motorcycle.




He is still a baby himself. lol

Not sure what I got going on this weekend. I know I'll be doing a LOT of writing. I'm saw a scene a couple of weeks ago in a movie that is helping me write a scene that has been troubling me in a screenplay and I am motivated to fool around with it. Plus I need to work on a couple of chapters of my current project.

But besides all that, I'll be doing the usual: chores, crocheting, relaxing, hanging out on the local track...

Fun, fun, FUN!!

Hope you've had a decent week. And I hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. jennifer10:22:00 AM

    u better go in that next FFF meeting all smiles and do a holy "IM DEBT FREE" dance! Ain't nothing like it.

    Glad to hear your brother is back on the mainland safe and sound, even for just a short spell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmer Brown (or a brown farmer, eh?), Me (as in you), Milk and Cookies and Motorcycles...

    Oh, and Life's big payback. I'm getting more familiar with that one with every minute I have left...

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Green Eyed Bandit5:55:00 PM

    Hey man! I just called you. Now you have me posting when I told you I had retired to Lurkville! Congratulations! I can't wait until the next meeting for you to share with the others. Next refund then you can hang out on the beach!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!