Monday, March 22, 2010

SLEEPY Monday Morning

Oh my.... What a Monday Morning!

I didn't go to sleep until 2 in the morning.

NOT A GOOD LOOK!

I'm so sleepy that I'm typing in a foreign language:

"Je ne sais pas. Q'uesque sais? Je suis dans la maison."

That's how sleepy I am... start writing in french...

Ugh.

I stayed up late last night by mistake. I was doing some writing, looked up, and it was one in the morning. This is okay, because I cranked out 2500 words. That's a GOOD thing.

And since I don't drink coffee, tea, or coke or any other caffienated thing... well I'll be paying for it all day.

On to my hair raising weekend!

(I have a lot of pictures, but can't find my chord... will add later).

Saturday. Saturday was a BUSY day. Midmoring, I got up and headed out to Wal-mart . I wasn't particularly happy about this, but I had a book club meeting later in the day, and I had nothing in the house for making cookies. We were also out of consumables, so that was on the list. (Pricey, man. I feel like that little stuff- toilet paper, paper towels, household cleaning products, etc- that's what bites you in the wallet!)

I made my usual oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip pecan cookies. Around 6 dozen. They were ECSTATIC about that.

We had a GREAT book club meeting at a restaurant near my job. This is good, because I haven't cared for the books as of late, and I've been struggling to finish the books. I even missed a couple of meetings in the last six months, and I'm trying not to get kicked out. It was looking dicey there for a minute, but this book saved the day for me.

We read Buying Time by Pamela Samuels Young. I absolutely LOVE this author's work, and I'll review the book and load up pictures. It's always nice when the author is at a meeting. And we read her books a few years ago. My writing style is similar to hers, and she was happy to answer a few craft questions. I'm always happy when a author isn't attitudinal, and is helpful!

Saturday night, I went bowling with Mama Nikki and and the crew. I went to watch, as I had cut my thump earlier in the week (on my mandoline... UGH!). It's healed, but still a little tender, and I didn't think I could bowl...

But I tried, and it worked out well...

I didn't have shoes, so Mama Nikki shared Nikki's bowling shoes with me.

I don't know man... for some reason, this made me smile. I'd been thinking about her earlier in the day, and how much I miss her friendship. Standing in her shoes brought a little peace to my heart. I even rolled with her pretty blue swirly bowling ball. This will be a memory, a new and unexpected one, I'll keep in my heart forever.

Now, the bowling alley was... interesting. It was one that I've never been to, deep on the eastside, in Tucker, just outside Decatur.

Every black person in the ATL was there. Heck, every child in the world was there. This was cool. We were all having a great time.

Until they started playing that dayum Lil' Wayne. LOUD.

OH HELL NO! You know I don't like that joker. (Sorry Southern Black Gal... I know you be jocking Oscar the Grouch. LOL)

Nikki's brutha 'Swad wondered aloud what I was thinking: Are there any adult bowling places in town...

I don't know. But it was time to go. Ya'll can have that Lil' Wayne. They could've at least played some Whodini or some LL Cool J.

I didn't bowl well... scores: 57 and 69. Humph. Nikki was a master bowler. I thought her shoes would help me, but apparently not. Doesn't matter. I had fun...

Sunday. I didn't do much on Sunday. Laid around the house, mostly. I tell you, not sure what my church was thinking when they started doing the live service stream over the internet. I think I get more church now than I ever did before. I can even go back and look at the service during the week.

I meant to go to church on Sunday, but was being hard headed. I like to go to church on Friday night, but didn't get off work until after 8 in the evening, so... oh well...

I like being in the church building. I have to work on that... I'm old school. Internet is cool, but I don't want it to be the norm. Learned much though, and that's the important thing.

It was a lazy day. The only productive thing I did was wash clothes, do a few other chores. I took apart the jet fixtures on the jetted tub and cleaned those up. That's about it.

I watched a little of the Health care debate, which was utterly confusion. I know the political chick, blogger Miss Not so Anonymous, was having a blast with it all. I almost expected her to be IN the capitol building, lol...

I have mixed thoughts about it all. Like I said to Hassan on FB last night (who gave me a VERY long, much needed manifesto on the whole thing), I'm concerned about my plan. I think it's one of the Cadillac plan, which I do need because of my condition. It'll probably be taxed out the wasoo, so I will have to bust down to a more affordable plan, and cut back on my own care. I don't want to be bankrupted by it all. I told him that I don't fall in that 200K category, so that's not an issha...

Man, if I made that much money, I wouldn't be sitting here writing a post.

I'd be laying out on a beach somewhere. Really. Not lying about that, honey. Laid OUT on the beach with a GOOD book!!!

(You can tell where my mind is at. Don't worry Green Eyed Bandit. I paid off two large credit cards instead. HUMPH. Not happy about it, but I did it, Ma.)

Speaking of Green Eyed Bandit (you frickin LURKER), I looked up that Flylady site that you and Obi-Wan Kenobi are so fond of. I am CRYING at that first baby step. Shining the sink? GET OUT OF HERE. That second baby step: get up every morning and get dressed all the way to the laced up shoes. GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE.

No, shorties! You and Obi-Wan can go sit on a fat tack with all that!

But... I looked at some other things on the site... truly fascinating. I was about ready to knock you ladies upside the head, but I won't do that.

LOL

Flylady (Finally Loving Yourself, Lady) is a great site that really gets you going on organizing and decluttering your life and home and mind. Very informative and well put together. My book club sista Kat (Obi Wan) swears by it and has been talking about it for years. She does some life coach stuff, and I thought it was a part of her program (Which had me thinking, "nope, can't afford that, not even going to ask about it.")

But it's a great site. I'm not down with the "Shiny sink" bizness, where you shine your sink every night before bed (once I thought about it, it's all symbolic) but some of you ladies may like it. Check it out.

Okay, I'm outtie. Got to get ready for work. I would go in late, but I was asked to be acting supervisor today. I know my boss was NOT happy about asking me, and having to hear me whine out of control.

I didn't whine. I simply asked "Do I have a choice?"

She didn't say anything, which meant I didn't have a choice. And I am tired of whining. "I'ma lean on the Lord!!!" has been my answer of late, to which she yells "Girl, you're so full of drama!"

All of management know I don't like them. I dont want to be a part of them. It's like smoking weed - I know I will lose quite a few brain cells and be less smart because of being part of management for a day. HARD SIGH.

LOL. So I am in charge. Which means I need to be on time. I think only 2 or 3 of us are there today. We have a new chick (who I've been accusing of being the "Undercover Boss") in our group. I told her to bring a good book to read, because I'm not assigning work or anything. I'ma use this time to do repairs, oil changes, and other maintenance on lab instruments. If anyone wants to talk to me, they're gonna have to come in the lab and stand there and talk and hand tools to me at the same time.

Chick looked at me strange, but that's alright. An Oldgirl will be unavailble to the masses! No administrative craziness for me! (Told my boss that. She sighed. "Drama, girl.")

So, it is spring time! Time to make something useful happen...

Quote of the day, picked up off that flylady site:

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keep's you going."

So get started. I know there's a thought in your mind, of some things you want to do.

Get motivated. Make some habits... on purpose.

I'll be posting every day. GLORY!

Have a great week.

5 comments:

  1. Good post...killing time on the world-wide web before I start my grind...I'll check out Flylady...then I'll get to earning my "duckies" -- my supervisor may be watching! HNIC for the day...Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cyncere.. Man, Obi-Wan (our book club sista "Kat"), LOVES flylady. She's been talking about that for YEARS. Very interesting indeed. I did a few things off the site this weekend, and I tell you, it made alll the difference! There are some GREAT ideas on there.

    HNIC. Yeah right. I will be missing in action. If you wanna see me today, I will be doing calibrations and oil changes. Upper management better get on their knees and help me if they wanna have a word with me. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyday ... really? Cool. I've heard about that flylady on the Christian radio station here. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am a Lurker and it aint nuttin you can do about it.

    I love Flylady. All the stuff makes sense but just like finances it is at least 80% mindset. The whole shining the sink sounds hooky but I gave it a try and it works. When my sink is dirty, my whole kitchen is a mess. The same with the bedroom. If you at least make the bed, everything else falls in place. This year's motto is "you're not behind. Jump in where you are". Her overall motto is you can do anything for 15 minutes. I practice that one alot for things I dont want to do.

    Returning to lurkville!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol @ "Je ne sais pas...Je suis dans la maison." and "Oscar the Grouch." Lil Wayne definitely had to grow on me. I was definitely feeling like, um yeah, I'm getting old, cuz I don't know what he talking about or why. I think A Milli, and Jay-Z's A Billi did it for me. I jocks Jay, and now can tolerate Wayne.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!