Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Morning... An Hour Early.

Man...

*LadyLee squinting at the sunshine flooding her bedroom and pulling bed covers over her head*

MAN!

I don't even know what to say.

I don't know what day it is, I don't know what temperature it is, I don't know NOTHING...

I am truly feeling like this:



I cannot take this "spring forward" madness.

I think it would've helped if I went to sleep early. But I didn't. I went to sleep around one in the morning. I was a wide awake, a deer in the headlights.

Now man...

All I gotta say is I'll probably go in late today. I've done that a couple of times over the last couple of weeks, and it don't matter. I STILL end up working over 80 hours a payperiod.

Oh well... when all whining fails, I jump out of bed and holler "This is a day the Lord has made! I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!!!!!!"

(Even though I lost an hour of said day).

On to my scandalous weekend!

Saturday. I was in the bed allllll day. Why? Because that broad Aunt Flo came over. And me, I'm like the women of the days of old in the bible... Throw me in a tent on the outskirts of the city. My tent was my bedroom. So I didn't get much done.

I can't begin to tell you what was on television, because I was wrapped up in my book club book. Buying Time by Pamela Samuels-Young. I LOVE this author. She writes some very good black legal mystery thrillers.

I have learned in writing that you're suppose to throw your characters up a tree and then throw rocks at them. In this book, Samuels-Young threw her characters up a tree and threw rocks, bricks, knives, shot at them... then commenced to cutting the tree down. Never have I read a book with so many twist and turns and isshas. Good grief. I think I read about 250 pages of it on Saturday alone. Just had to finish it. What a satisfying read!

This is a good thing, as I haven't cared for the book club book choices. I only got through half of the books last year. That ain't good. I am one step from being kicked out, and trying to hang in there. So this book gave me a little hope of sticking with the book club.

The author's flying in for the next meeting. She's real good to talk to, so I'm looking forward to that.

Sunday. First of all, I checked my phone, and there were like, 5 missed calls. My phone was on vibrate and in the bottom of my laptop bag. No, I don't have my phone stuck to my ear at all times. I could care less about my phone.

The Green Eyed Bandit had been calling. That broad know she know how to blow a phone completely up! And she KNOWS that if the phone is not next to me within reach, I won't be answering it.

Call my house phone, gal!!! Dang!!

Her answer is always "I don't care. I'll just keep calling."

She has to be one of the most tenacious broads I know!

She didn't want anything. Just to check on me. And she's my FFF group leader, so I know she was trying to make sure I hadn't jumped ship and bought a shiny new Lexus or booked a trip to some beautiful beach. She encouraged me to pay off my debt.

And I know she had her fist balled up and ready to come through that phone and punch me in my face if I said otherwise.

LOL

No Ma. I haven't gone out and bought that Lexus I want so BADLY. (Not yet, anyway. These bills better come on in. That's all I gotta say about that!!)

Sunday, I went grocery shopping. I have to do this because most of what I buy is fresh fruits and veggies, so I know I better just work it out and go.

My biggest buy, and something I've wanted for a looooong time: a mandoline!


I can shred, slice, and julienne with this thing! It took me a minute to figure it out. And I have to be careful because those blades are sharp. But I was able to julienne a small zuchinni in one minute flat.
Oh, that is just wonderful! This will save a load of time, because not a day goes by where I'm not chopping up fruit and vegetables.

I also hooked up some greens.



I found this "braising mix" -kale, swiss chard, mustard greens and whatever else they throw in there- from a local organic farm a few months ago, and it tends to work out well for me.

I watched 3 movies this weekend: 2012, Law Abiding Citizen, and Butterfly Effect 2. Wasn't blown away by any of them. I liked the Butterfly movie the most. Law Abiding Citizen was tooooo frickin' violent. 2012- I was cleaning up while watching it, so I didn't really get the full gist of what was going on. I may have to watch that one again.

But that's the gist of my weekend. VERY uneventful, stuck off here in my proverbial tent.

The most interesting thing I learned this weekend: we all have issues, and we all need some change. Period. No one's perfect.

Make the effort to trace the root of the problem. Face that. Erase that. And don't forget to replace it with something better.

Sounds simple. But it ain't. I thought much about my own life while considering this. The tracing and facing the problems are confidence isshas. But it is also a part of dealing with the fear of the thing.

That erasure part is the difficult part. It takes time. And I better replace it with better habits, ideas, thoughts, decisions whatever - if I want the change to stick.

An arduous undertaking, just in thinking about it all. But worth consideration, nevertheless.

Hmm. A little food for thought on a Monday Merning. Well, that's what I'll be pondering this week...

Ya'll have a good week despite losing a whole hour of time.

We'll get it back in the fall:)

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I am just being a good friend and leader. Get that debt paid MAN! You are yet another shining example for the rest of the group! You would be the 2nd person. Get on it!

    Hey, I need to get the book club book. I love old girl. If I can get it and read it before the meeting, I will do a guest appearance. I should be able to make a dent in it since most of my shows are reruns this week.

    I see your strategy in getting me out of Lurkville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The Green Eyed Bandit...

    Instead of counting sheep to help me get to sleep... I count Lexuses...

    1 ES300, 1 ES400, 1 GS320....

    LOL... And I imagine pulling up to a meeting in my new lexus, and you commencing to bussin' all my windows out with bricks.

    Thanks for your... attention to the matter. Stop setting my cell phone on fire! Uh, I'ma call you from my home number, and that is the best way to catch me, man!!

    READ THAT BOOK. That book was off the hinges. I couldn't put it down. No way I read a 400 page book in a week, but I did. It was some sheer CRAZINESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buying Time was the best! Pamela is going to be at Camp Creek this Saturday! Yes, she'll be here in Atlanta. I love her. She's my writing idol and such a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted a mandoline too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love the mandoline. I need to get another one because I lost that holder thing so it isn't as efficient.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!