Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Special Visitor: The King of Uno

My workgroup Super Hero, The Infamous Hen-Dog has a baby boy name Ja...

The last time I saw Ja was a few years ago. He was strutting through my door wanting to play Uno...

He beat our tails, even did his little victory dance to the Ol' School Music I was kicking at the time.

Man... while he was doing all that dancing, I was trying to cheat. My baby bro Milk and Cookies was concentrating hard while I was trying to slip a Draw 4 his way. HUMPH...

Ja's always been such a great kid. When he was in town on summer or spring break, I would bake him a big pan of roasted chicken. (He REALLY loved my chicken, lol).

Ja is a big boy now... 17 years old. He was in town this week, and I was talking to him on facebook. (Do you have young peoples as your Facebook friends. I tell you, it is HARD to follow their jargon. I must be getting old). They had been hanging out and at midnight, he wrote:

"I'm still up, LadyLee!"

"Uh no, boy. I am in the bed. I am old. I will holla tomorrow," I said.

So his Daddy brought him over on Saturday morning.

"Hey Miss LadyLee," he said in a deep baritone.

I was a little distraught. I mean, his voice was all deep.

"You sound like somebody's Daddy," I wailed. "And you're taller than me!!"

LOL!!

It was good to see him. My oh my, they do grow up fast!

He's as tall as his Daddy now.

Yesterday Snake said "Did you see Ja? Girl, that boy opened the door, and I almost hollered, because I thought it was Hen. I was like "Oh no Hen, these streets got you too? You smoking the rocks now???"

Oh... that was funny. I had to tell him the Hen is bodybuilding now. No smoking of the rocks allowed, lol.

And as you can see, Hen is so proud of his baby boy. LOL

Ja had the nerve to holler "You still got some UNO cards!?"

*LadyLee gives Ja the HARD side-eye*

No fella. And if I did have some, I wouldn't tell you. LOL

It was good to see you, Ja.

You're really growing up to be a fine young man!

2 comments:

  1. He is a fine young man...yeah,they do grow up way too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:51:00 AM

    I remember that Uno post. He grew up fast!

    LOL @ Snake. Glad he is back and doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!