Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Snake Watch

So...

I was getting ready for my Triple F Possee meeting on Sunday (getting my budget book together, packing up cookies for the ladies, etc.) and all of a sudden my doorbell rang.

Now it rang one time. Not 50 TIMES. (The locals do know they like to LEAN on a doorbell.)

I peaked through the blinds. It was a man dressed up, holding a Bible.

"Jehovahs Witnesses," I thought. I wondered why they were out on a Sunday. I opened the door.

Wasn't the witness... It was Snake.



Hadn't seen the House of LadyLee Poet Laureate in a LONG time. He use to write the popular "Snake Bites" series here on my blog.

Word in the hood was that he was caught a 5 year bid for burgalary.

And you know me... that's what I asked about.

And he told me this loooooooong story starting with, "See what had happened was..."

(You know how we do.)

This from the man who was ALWAYS lecturing us: "Watch who you dealing with, work hard, stay out of mess, blah, blah, blah!"

Yeah he has taught me that lesson well. You know what I say:

Our lives preach the best and worst of sermons.

I hope he stays clean. Hard to do when your environment be calling you...

But I thought he looked nice in his suit, just coming from Church. And he was hopeful for a better future.

And I hope his future is bright.

7 comments:

  1. First of all, I was just about to post about bright futures.

    Secondly, I was stunned when I saw Snake in that suit. I wish him the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing him well.
    Does he want to resume Snake Bites?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:46:00 AM

    Best Wishes for a brighter future for Snake. He looks good in that suit!

    ~LisaB

    ReplyDelete
  4. SNAKE!!!

    This is good... I too hope this lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snake looks good. I am glad he is looking forward to a bright future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:47:00 AM

    Yay Snake!

    Best wishes to Snake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:24:00 PM

    I remember Snake's contributions here. ;)

    Looking forward to reading about his praise reports as he steps out in faith.

    Give God the praise y'all!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!