Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A 10 Minute Snack of Milk and Cookies!

Yes you read that right.

I spent 10 minutes with my brother, Milk and Cookies.

10 minutes.

This is a lot, as I haven't seen him in 3 years, with him being in Afghanistan and now stationed in Seattle.

Grandma is still a bit O_O about that.

I hate that I showed her the picture of his squad with the volcano in the background.




Whenever I talk to her, she asks "Does Kari still live out there by that vulcainah?"

I can hear the awe and fright in her voice. Yes he still lives out there in Seattle.

We don't get to see him. He is 3000 miles away. Sigh.

But on Friday afternoon around 3, I received a text message frrom him.

"What are you doing around 6:30?"

I responded "Who, me????"

"I have a layover in Atlanta. It is only an hour, but I want to see you."

"I can be there. I will get off early."

And I did. I left around five, went home to put something in the fridge, then headed for the airport. I was there around 6:00.

I asked my sister why she didn't mention the possibility of him coming through, since she knew of it?

She said she didn't want to get everybody's hopes up. I could hear the disappointment in her voice. She was afraid that he wouldn't have a layover in Atlanta. So I understand.

We thought this dude would be in army desert fatigues. He was not. He had on his motorcycle gear...

And his signature doo-rag.



"He got on the plane with a doo-rag on," my sister said flatly. "Bet he scared people."

"At least his pants weren't sagging," I said. LOL

And look at his motorcycle club nickname on his jacket:

Du-rag. Yes that is his nickname. So I guess there is no talking him out of wearing them. He will be coordinating his doo-rags and clothing... forever and ever.

And he is still cheesing down, showing all that good orthodontic work. Turn down the wattage, man!

We made him take the doo-rag and the baseball cap off.

I like the big club decal on the back of the jacket, though.

That is downright colorful. I bet that can be seen from outer space.

He met us at the clock tower in the middle of the airport at 7 pm. And we took pictures until 7:10. His flight was at 7:20. (And he missed that flight fooling with us. Humph).

I was glad to see my brother... for all of 10 minutes.

It was a short time, but it was a most unexpected surprise for my weekend!

9 comments:

  1. HEYY!!! Milk and Cookies is VP of the motorcycle club!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That was surprising. And the "Du-rag" nickname is surprising too. Both of those decals on the same jacket is an oxymorn.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did he really miss his flight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he did! And didn't say anything til later. Humph.

      Delete
  4. That is crazy how he missed his flight but it also shows how much he wanted to see y'all..sweet..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am cracking up at the nickname. And he know he can smile his face off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you got to see your brother even if was only for 10 minutes. Tell him to send VP Joe some du-rags as a kind VP to VP gesture. Joe needs them. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the best thing I've read in the 40 different blog posts I've been catching up on! I love it! Glad you got the 10 minutes in. Remember, it's about quality, not quantity!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!