Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Freestyles... The Abridged Holiday Edition

TGIF!

And this is really a good Friday because it is a holiday weekend!

3 days off.

Count em': 1, 2, 3!!!!

And to make a perfect friday... It is PAYDAY!

*throws cash in the air... wave my hands like I just don't CARE*

LOL

I don't have much to say today. If I write too much, this will be one long unabridged 10 page food-for-thought. So today you get the abridged edition. This is a short Friday Freestyles.

It has been an interesting week. Personally, I'm ready for September to get here. Maybe next month will be a better month, I don't know.

I went to my hematologist yesterday and she wants me to have more iron infusions.

Uh... no. NO MA'AM.

"You bringing tears to my eyes, Doc," I said. "You gonna make me cry!"

I told her that I am done. Those infusions are $250 apiece after insurance. It's been close to a couple grand out of my pocket. Not worth it. I feel fine. And if I have any more, I better be able to fly like superman or at least levitate off the ground. Either that, or hook me up with some Obamacare. And we know that's not going to happen. And I'm trying to get everything done I can this year, because when Obamacare kicks in, my cost are only gonna go higher.

I have learned much about blood and the importance of it. You know how much I like scientific stuff like that. I wish I could buy a good book on hematology.

I am a bit upside down on my meds right now, meaning that I missed my morning dosages and took them at night, stuff like that. So I have been feeling slightly loopy all week, especially in the evenings. I don't feel bad... just a little left of center. I've been sleepy very well at night, which is odd. That's a good thing. I hope it keeps up.

So this holiday weekend, I will be trying to bring myself back to my normal. Sigh.

I usually go out of town on Labor Day weekend down to "The country" with my cubicle mate "The Cowgirl Cre". I'm not up to it this weekend. But I have a full weekend planned. I have a lot of house cleaning to do, and I want to clean off my porch. I may even try to stain it. I should have done it last week since it hasn't rained all week, but I think I may be able to squeeze it in. I also need to visit with my grandmother, and of course, go sit with my father. And besides that, I will just be relaxing. I may even go catch a movie. I would like to see either The Butler or Fruitvale Station. I need to do a hard yarn run. I am having all kinds of trouble tracking down sport weight (baby) yellow yarn. So I need to hit some stores and hope that I luck up on a couple of skeins of it. I also want to get some reading and writing done. I want to make some goals for the month of September, too.

So that is it for today... And I can't forget the  song of the week.

I use to love this song as a child. "Fire" by the Pointer Sisters.



You have to be over 40 to really appreciate this song. My friends and I knew all the words to the song.

"I'm ridin' in your car... You turn on the radio..."

It brings back such happy memories of being 9 years old and singing that song at the lunch table with my friends. And when the first bars of that song played at the skating rink? We were all scrambling to get out on the floor and skate!

Those were the days!

I hope you enjoy this long Labor day weekend. It's your last chance to barbeque and swim... So do that!

On purpose!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:47:00 PM

    I got paid today too! HOLLA!!!
    Have a great weekend.

    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got paid! Friday Night!

    I plan to catch the early showing of The Butler on Monday. I have to take BB to the bus station on Monday morning and will hang out afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!