Friday, August 02, 2013

Friday Freestyles... The Pay Day Edition

Good Friday Morning!

Today is PAY DAY!!!

*LadyLee smiling like Miss Celie smiled*

Hold on, ya'll... let me count my cash. Yeah, let me make sure it's all here. You know, with management being super shady and all, they might not have miscounted my money.


This stack of bread feels mighty right, but it might not be right... Let me just be sure about this...
Oh yeah, baby! It's all here!!! Oh yes...

There is NOTHING like PAYDAY!


Now it's 'bout to be all about that "bling-bling" baby!!!



HA HA HA!! Yeah right. No shopping here. I will be paying the mortgage, paying some bills, and making a bootleg budget for the month. Long gone are the days of going out and going shopping when I cash my check at the check cashing place. (Do you remember the days long before direct deposit, when you were handed a paper paycheck? I do.)

Yesterday was a GOOD day. We received a "free" day off from work yesterday! If you didn't read about it, I wrote about it yesterday. (A rare two post day, but a free day off warrants an extra post for the day).

There was a power outage at work, and they sent everyone home. That needs to happen more often.

So last night, my sister came over (after much cajoling). I wanted to go eat something rather dangerous, like a bowl of chitlins or something like that. We wanted some mexican food, but the local spot near my house was crowded. So we had dinner at one of the local Noodle Houses.

She had the thai shrimp egg rolls



I had the shrimp basil rolls.

 

I had the spicy basil noodles with vegetables.




And Kentucky had the chicken chow mein noodles.


It was all very good, but not as good as the Noodle house across the street from my job. But it was good... and not dangerous, lol...

Alas, today's lunch:



That's not dangerous... That's very fresh, and very safe.

Posts of the week. Serenity_23 is running a series entitled "Faith Corner", where her readers send in stories of faith. They are very inspirational indeed. Check out the stories....

The Faith Corner - Beautifully Complex
The Faith Corner - Heather's Story "Holding on to Hope"

Those were very good. Those two posts will jack up your faith. Big time.

Quote of the Week. Via Bliss's Living the Next Steps Blog via the Happiness Project Blog:

"There is an Indian proverb or axiom that says that everyone is a house with four rooms, a physical, a mental, an emotional and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time but, unless we go into every room every day, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person.” –Rumer Godden


That is a powerful quote. It's all about proper balance, isn't it?

Song of the Week. Michael Jackson's "The Lady in My Life"




That Thriller Album came out when I was in highschool, so me and my crew were waaay into it, especially those popular songs "Beat It", "Bille Jean" and "Thriller".

These were sung loudly at the lunch table.

But there was this one girl, she always busted out with

"They'll be no darkness tonight... Lady our love will shine...."

Ugh! Killed our whole happy vibe!

"I like the slow songs on the album," she always said, after we barraged her with a chorus of "SHUT UPS!!!"

I don't think we ever got that far on the record. We just wanted to hear the slow songs!

And I didn't appreciate that song until many years later. And it's a good song.

Well, that's it for Friday Freestyles!

Have a good weekend... By Design... and On purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!