Monday, August 05, 2013

Good Monday Morning... The Etiquette Edition

Good Monday Morning.

I had a fabulous weekend! I hope you did, too!

First of all, it did NOT rain in the ATL. Well, it didn't rain in the downtown enclaves. I don't know what happened out in the suburbs, nor do I care. As long as it didn't rain in the places that I stood. I am good with that.

Saturday was a good day. I woke up and did a few chores. I didn't eat breakfast, which is not a good thing,. Grandma called. She is a couple hours away at my aunt's house for the month.  I talked to her for awhile. She is reading the book of Lamentations in the Bible right now, and I told her I would read it and we can discuss. I don't particularly care for that section of the books of the Bible because it is a bit sad, but since she is reading, I would like to be able to talk with her about it. So I read it this weekend, and got a couple of good things out of it.

I also attended Triple F Posse (Financial Freedom Fighters) meeting. That was good in that I had a chance to set up some financial goals for August and the rest of the year.  It was good to see Aunt Ray-Ray, The Green Eyed Bandit and Cat-Eyes!

And if we're in the hood for our meetings, you know what time it is...



That's right! It's time for a styrofoam tray of $5.00 fish, man!

Financial Freedom Fighters and FISH eaters!

Interesting things happened at the Fish house...

Aunt Ray-Ray, the kindest of our crew, almost had to whoop somebody's tail up in that place. Some broad didn't like the way the line was curving or something, and was hollering about "etiquette".

What the world? I was sitting out in the car while all this was happened.

Never mind that Aunt Rae-Rae called her out on whether she was referring to her. I was all caught up on this "etiquette" thing.

Etiquette? In the fish house?

Well, they do have up a bunch of threatening signs.  Basically, if you come up in there trying to rob the place, they gonna beat your ass...

Etiquette... in the fish house. This chick must've driven down from Gwinett or Alpharetta. Sigh.

Thank goodness Aunt Ray-Ray didn't have to get buck up in there. I do believe we would all be in lock-up right now.

Speaking of etiquette... like I said, I sat out in the car while the crew were in the fish house, right on the side where the kitchen is located. Someone beat on the metal door (which was locked) to get someone to answer. Someone did.

"Call your girl and tell her to come get her dog!"

Uh... ok.

A guy appears, and I assume he batters the fish, because his hands and arms are covered in flour.

He yells for the dog.

"Come here, Rock!"

And this brown pit bull appears. Apparently he escaped from... somewhere.

And these little kids appear, and they run up to the pit bull and start petting him. Rock seemed to be happy about this.

I was AGHAST. I wanted to holler... "That's a pit! It's a pit bull! Stay away from the pit, little children!!"

But they lovingly played with the dog. Hmmm...

Then the young man hollered to someone in the kitchen "Gimme 3 minutes. I gotta take Rock back!"

He yelled "Let's go, Rock! Let's go!"

And he takes off running hard down the road... with Rock fast on his heels.

And he returned in 3 minutes. In less than 3 minutes... hands and arms still covered in flour.

He is a man who cares about his woman... and her dog. It is proper etiquette, when your girl's dog gets out, to take the dog back to her place.

Chivalry is not dead.

You had to be there to see it. There was much going on at the fish place. Much.

Oh yeah! Let's not forget about the fish!

The fish was the bomb! I took it straight to my sister's house.

I had a couple of pieces. Tasty tasty. I was more interested in my 2 side salads for Wendy's. (Tip to Wendy's: ya'll need to get up off of that iceberg lettuce. Baby spring lettuce is what it's about!)

So I meant to stay at my sister's place for an hour or so. But I ended up staying for a good 4 hours. She has that nice recliner sofa. And she keeps her place ice cold. It was so cold that I needed a blanket.



My sock clad foot was all up on her nice table. She is a diva and I KNOW this deeply disturbed her, as this is not proper etiquette. But she said she didn't care... hmm.  I guess she knows when I relax... I RELAX. (Don't worry. I would never do that at your house, lol).

We watched some of her favorite shows on the computer (she got rid of her cable... O_o). We watched Whodunit and I tried to watch the first episode of Downtown Abbey.

That's when I fell asleep... and I slept GOOD.

Then I went home. I finished washing clothes. And went to bed.

Sunday morning, I made an early morning run to the Dekalb's Farmer's Market. Got back home in time for church which was EXCELLENT. And I pretty much chilled the rest of the day. I had a notion to cut grass. But it was too doggone HOT outside. And humid. Passing out from heat exhaustion in my front yard would not have been good. Not at all.

I tried to go to my local Grant Park Farmer's market but that did not work out... It is better, since it is an outside farmer's market less than a couple of miles from my house, but doggonit, EVERYBODY and there mama was there. If you parked you had to park blocks and blocks away and walk in. It was butt-to-butt crowded like in a club. Sigh.

Song of the week. I am not sure why I've been playing this song to death all weekend. "Mothership Connection Star Child" by Parliament




Swing down sweet chariot, stop, and let an Oldgirl ride!!!!!!!!

LOL.

I don't know... that song has made me happy all weekend long.

That's it for today. I hope you had a great weekend!

Have a good week, by design and on purpose!!!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:58:00 PM

    sounds like a great weekend. Aint (yep I said aint) no "etiquette" in the fish joint...or any othe joint for that matter...LOL thats how the prices stay so LOW...

    Dee in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not proper etiquette to use the word "ain't", hon., Especially for a Californian like you! You don't get to be ebonically inclined like me!

      That chick must've driven in from the northern suburbs, where they have proper etiquette. Glad Bandit and the crew didn't have to jump her. I would be blogging from jail right now,.

      Delete
  2. Right, how can you have etiquette rules when the place have hours "until we run out of fish"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! I know that's right, honey! I'm just glad ya'll didn't have to whoop nobody's behind up in there.

      You have to admit... that line was a bit rachet... And you notice that they keep the money in the back room. They don't go in the back unless someone is coming out. It is a good way to deter tomfoolery!

      That's why I took my tail back outside and watched the whole cook and Rock the pit episode. You should've seen the folks outside standing back just because a big pit had appeared. I was just glad to be in the car!

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!