Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lunch with Tazzee!


I had lunch on Tuesday with one of my favorite bloggers!


That Oldgirl Tazzee.

Yes, we both live in the ATL. But she lives way out there in the suburbs and I live downtown.

Man, I was sooooo STOKED! That's like going to lunch with Janet Jackson.

*ladylee doing the hard Janet Jackson moves*

Oh yes. *fanning self with Obama Church fan after dancing so hard*

We made plans to meet in midtown near my job for lunch. We decided on one of the local salad spots, Fresh to Order.

She texted and asked if I knew of the place. Yes I did. It is a popular spot among my coworkers. "We frequent that place like folks frequent the club!" I texted.

It's been there for a few years, but I'd never eaten there until last year, when Cowgirl Cre convinced me to get a salad. I found one there that I like in particular, the Market salad. It is huge and it has cucumbers, mandarin oranges, and cranberries in it, and lots of roasted walnuts sprinkled on top. Good stuff!

That's the only thing I ever get.

But since I was having lunch with Janet Jackson, I mean, uh, Tazzee, I decided that I wanted to live on the wild side and get what my cubical mate The Cowgirl Cre always gets: The Asian Chicken Crunch Panini.

Yes, that is the wild side for me. I wanted some CHICKEN.

And I ordered it, too. Yes ma'am I did!

Tazzee ordered some type of salad with fried calamari.

Ooooooh weeee! That sho' nuff look something GOOD. That looks like she might have a touch of the 'itis when she finished. LOL

I forgot to take a picture of my food. It did't look as good as hers. But it was great!

I like their presentation on the long retangular plates. It is so art deco for a semi-fast food place. And this place has been there a few years and I've never sat down in there to eat. I will have to do that in the future. I want more of my food on long plates.

Cowgirl Cre came up to the restaurant because she wanted to meet Janet Jackson Tazzee too! So we all had a good time talking.

That Asian Chicken crunch sandwich was GREAT. There was much talk later on in the cubicle with Cowgirl Cre. I want them to order the asian chicken crunch panini again. Next time, hold the chicken and slap some mushoorms on there! LOL

Anyway, I asked Tazzee if she wanted to come down to my lab, since it was a short walk from the restaurant. She said yes.

I figured I'd give her a five cent tour of my work group space and labs. That would be cool, right?

That is, until we ran into my coworker Lieutennant Commander By...

I'd just shown Tazzee where we prepped our fruits and vegetables for extraction... and then I took her to the extraction lab.

... And there was Lt. Comm. By... having an old school party all by himself. And having a GOOD time, while doing his lab work.

I'm not sure what has gotten into my coworker lately. For the past few years, he has been heavy into his jazz and Sade. And that type of music isn't exactly upbeat. Especially the Sade. He is a Sade fiend, but I tell you, it makes me a bit sleepy in the lab.

Lately he's been on some Old school rap music. The other day, he was playing LL Cool J. LOUD. VERY VERY LOUDLY.

And when Tazzee and I walked through the lab, he was blasting Planet Rock by Soulsonic Force and the African Bambatta. VERY LOUDLY.



*crickets*

And he was dancing hard. I haven't seen him dance before, so that was shocking. He walks the halls singing off-key which has us all O_o, but the dancing... That dude has a little rhythm. Yes indeed.

I only wanted to show Tazzee a couple of things in the lab. By hollered "Let's show her the freezer!"

O_O

So there we were, standing in the walk-in fridge and freezer looking at frozen samples and shelf space.

Tazzee got cold and walked out. I was close behind!

The good Lt. Comm. By gets a bit excited when new people come through. We both have to "tour" small groups every once in awhile. I do so under durest.

"Can't ya'll find somebody else to do that?"
"NO LadyLee!" is the answer I hear from time to time.

LOL.

Lt. Comm By does these things with a smile on his face and skip in his step. He is working on his doctorate, so he seems to like to teach alot. He has pulled me to the side and has made me do a mini talk on our CSI instrumentation for one of his lectures.

I wanted to tell him that Tazzee is not an investigator or scientist coming through to see our methods. She is my homegirl just tryna see the lab. That is all!

Tazzee took it all in with a smile. Only as Tazzee can.

And I wonder if that "Planet Rock" song is ringing in Tazzee's head like it's ringing in mine? I hope not.

We visited my messy cubicle area, and then I walked her back to her car.

All in all it was a good time. I was so glad to see her.

I think I'm a bit too quiet around her. That's how I get when I'm in awe of folks! Really!

Good to see you, Oldgirl. I hope to hang out with you again:)

13 comments:

  1. Is that the Fresh to Order near the Spanx headquarters? I was there in 2010 for lunch when I was at a book club conference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh... nope. Aint' seen a Spanx headquarters down here.

      It's in midtown on 7th street!

      Delete
    2. There are several locations around town... This is the downtown location

      Delete
    3. I was in Buckhead. *shrugging* I don't nuthin' bout ATL. I have only better there twice. I hope I can meet you next time I am there.

      Delete
  2. I was excited too!! It was great to meet Tazzee ! We talked hair, dogs and stuff. Got to meet who beat us down in WWF! :) I beat you last game though!! Tazzee 500 Cre 5
    She got to see the cubicle where all the Peanut Gallery tomfoolery happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA I can imagine the look on Tazzee's face when she saw LCDR By dancing. LOL! And that's my soooooooong! Next time, holla atchagirl. I'll meet y'all for lunch too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to meet the coworkers you talk about all the time in your posts.

    I know he's not a coworker but where is Snake?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want a really good salad.. Thanks for giving me a new craving lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that salad looked delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That calamari salad looked divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LadyLee got chicken!!??? Girl, I'm shocked! But I know it was good lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking the same thing...Lee got chicken!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:07:00 AM

    I love fresh to order and get the fig salad! I used to get the grilled chicken on it but it was getting in the way of my figs. So delicious.

    Hey Tazzee! All the bloggers be meeting up and never inviting me! Humph!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!