Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Night Fights... The Pylon and Duck Edition

Good Monday night.. Or should I be saying "Good Monday Evening".

Yes, this post is late as all get out. And that's okay. It is alright.Yes it is. It is a Monday Night Fights edition.

Which is another way of saying it is just a monday night randoms edition.

I hope you enjoyed your day. I have. We're not very busy at work today. Things are chugging right along. That's the way I like it. I don't like running around like a chicken trying to get things done fast. No ma'am!

We are having some balmy steamy days in my beloved ATL. Yes, it is still raining cats, dogs and frogs... but it hasn't been ARSE HAWT outside. Last year there was some  I haven't had a power bill over $150.00, and I am cool like that, even though my car seems like it has to float all the way home in all this here rain. I hope this doesn't mean a cold winter is in the future. That is not a good thing!

My weekend. It was uneventful for the most part. Saturday I ran errands. The most interesting place I went was to my local beauty supply store. Suddenly they have these beautiful pink pylons out in front of the store.


What's the reason for those? Well they are all over the ATL. I tell you, every week there's store video camera footage of a gang of folks ramming a store with a stolen truck through the door...

And running up in there and stealing all the designer jeans or hair weave they can carry.

Hmmm...

And you can see the wall up there next to the door is bit damaged.

Now I assumed that the store had been targeted. Especially when I went there one day a couple of months ago and the door was bashed in. The glass was gone from the bottom of the door, and the burglar door was removed and there was a brutha was standing on the inside helping us through the door.

And sanging "Come on girl... drop it likes it hot!*

*LadyLee takes the brutha's hand and ducks through the door*

This was bootleg indeed. You think they would've closed the store. But they didn't.

I was snickering at the "See, what happened was..." explanation the Asian owner was trying to sell us.

"See, a drunk driver hit the front door."

I wanted to holler, "Yeah right, Oldgirl!!".

But I didn't. I needed a couple of cheap combs and a brush. I like this store and didn't want no problems.

But she know that some dudes tried to pull a weave heist on her store. She didn't have to lie like that.

I didn't care. As long as I could buy my comb and brush...

And they got that GOOD hair up in there. The virgin hair, the real stuff. The yaki stuff. ALL the good hair, in all the colors of the rainbow. 2 walls full

So yeah, they better invest in those pylons.

And that little yellow chicken or duck at the front door is probably some type of security. I made sure I didn't touch that. It might shoot poisonous darts.

Nothing much else interesting happened this weekend. Chores and writing (not enough of the latter, though. Gotta do better). Sunday was a relaxation day. I made a run to the farmer's market which wasn't really necessary. I just want my weekday evenings free from grocery shopping. I want to do more at home chore-wise during the week.

So I was sitting at home, watching television and experiencing a touch of vertigo for some reason. It was around 4:30 pm. I was chilling, just trying to be still...

When out of the blue, I got a phone call...

And that produced... This Weekend's "Whoooooaaaa" Moment.

Hmm... My eyes are still O_O over this one. Totally totally unexpected. I will post about that later this week. You'll just have to wait until I calm down and pontificate it all a bit. It may or may not be a food-for-thought post, but it sure feels like one.

Hmmmmmm....

Anyway, this is a sweepstakes week. A gift card is hanging high on the walls of the House of LadyLee. And it's a good one, too.

Enough for gas and grocery...

...Or some weed.

Whatever your fancy.

Come back tomorrow to see what THAT is about...

Song of the week.  When was the last time you heard this song???



Oldie but Goodie!!!

That's it for now. Ya'll have a good week! On Purpose!

2 comments:

  1. *Ginae snickers at this whole post*...walks away, looks back, and says in my best Arnold Schwartnegger voice"I'll be back"...tomorrow that is...so I can be a part of this here sweepstakes.

    You have a good week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My weekend was eventful with school shopping. Baby Bandit leaves on Thursday. What am I going to do with my life? LOL! Oh, get one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!