Thursday, August 06, 2009

Night at the Spa, Part I

Last week, I got an email from one of my former Book Club sisters, Kita. It mentioned that the party would be a small get together, just bring tips for the workers.

I responded "Party? What party?"

I needed to know about this. For any party that Kita throws, well, let's just say, I want to know about it, and I want to be there!

She went on to talk about it being a spa party, and wondered if I got the evite.

I told her no.

I'd been on travel for work, and hadn't checked the 300 emails in my inbox. But I went through the unchecked emails, and found the evite.

Oh joy!!!

Now, I don't like girly ish. Yes, I go get a pedicure once ever 2 or 3 months, but that's about it.

Kita is a girly-girl. We were on my February cruise together. Let's just say, it took me and Green Eyed Bandit 15 minutes to get ready in the morning... It would take Kita and Ray-Ray (another book club sister) a good hour to get all dolled up...

Yes, Kita is the ultimate lady!

I wasn't so sure about this "spa party" thing she explained to me.

But I wanted to be there to celebrate my sista's birthday!

So I baked up a few dozen cookies (as always expected of me, lol)...



...And hooked up a nice birthday card!!



And I headed out deep into the ATL eastside to Nails au Naturel in Tucker!



I knew I was in the right place when I saw the birthday sign. Kita was very festive, and ready to party!


Kita was celebrating her 48th birthday. (I still don't believe that. I want evidence, Kita).

There was a gang of food, ya'll... And since Miss Kita has always been our book club party planner, I knew her party would have it all!


Fancy punch! (And it was very good, Kita!)
Chicken wings! (They looked good, even though I didn't have any. I do believe I would've had to snatch one if I was all alone, lol).

Pasta salads, seafood dips




Fresh salad, turkey, cheese and a nice assortment of breads!

There wasn't much I could eat. I did A LOT of inhaling, lol. I did enjoy my salad, rice and wheat bread! Everyone said the food was great!

There was plenty of wine.

I think that's that Riesling!

There was a chocolate cake!



And there was this cake. It was very interesting.


I didn't know it was a cake. I thought it was a box with a piece of jewelry. I wondered to myself why on earth Kita would have a box of jewelry sitting on the table.

LOL!!!

I had a small piece. Lemon cake with lemon icing. Nothing like that.

We sat around and ate and conversed...

All the while being called for our manicures and pedicures at this lovely and very cozy spa...



To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:51:00 PM

    Looks like fun! Food look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!