Saturday, August 01, 2009

*HaPPy BiRTHday Nikki*



I would like to say Happy Birthday to my Blog sista The Iniquitous One, ATLien Nikki!!

She's not blogging anymore, but hopefully someday she'll decide to do so (only if she wants to!)

But she's ill and in the hospital. I've been a bit worried about her, as have other bloggers. We've been texting back and forth and whatnot, and I am excited to go see her tomorrow.

I think she is feeling better, because she sent a call out for cookies... So I'm baking a few batches this weekend, one of which will be hers.

Nikki is not only one of my favorite bloggers, but one of my favorite people in general. I am glad she lives in the ATL, as it has given us the opportunity to hang out and get to know each other. I do consider our friendship to be one of my most important friendships. She's one person that I can talk to with no fear of judgment, and she has been one to encourage me and support me.

That is hard to find in people these days, but I found it in her and she in me.

Nikki, I'm very rich because of your friendship. Very rich.

Now, you gotta be strong to read Nikki's blog... Chick keeps it real and raw. Let's just say the first time I met her close to 3 years ago, I thought the chick would be swanging butt-nekked from the chandaliers. But I have learned from our friendship that their is faaaar more to Nikki than meets the eye.

Nikki even turned me on to a crochet circle (imagine that).

Gotta be, hands down, one of the most eclectic and diverse people I've ever met...

So Nikki, get well soon! Been worried about you, Ma!

I do miss that cheer in your voice!!! I miss you calling and hollering "Hey Sis!!"

And I know you are tired of me and my endless questions. I do hem and haw like no other!

Nikki, what's going on?
What the doctor say?
You need me to do anything?
What is we gonna do?
Woo, woo, woo!
You need me to hit by Walmart and get you some panties?

You want me to wash your car?
What is we gonna do?

Do you need me to do anything???
WOO, WOO, WOO!!!!!

(I'm suprised you haven't yelled "Shut up, LEE!")

LOL

I'm coming to visit this weekend...

Maybe some triple chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin walnut cookies will cheer you up and make you feel all the better!

I hope they do!

Happy Birthday Nikki...

and please oh please... get well soon.

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKKI!

    Do convey my best sentiments to her! I think she is an amazingly talented yourng woman and I miss hr TERRIBLY! I was wondering where she went off to!

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL HER I AM HOLDING HER IN MY PRAYERS! AND I MISS HER! I MISS HER! I MISS HER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow can you please tell Nikki Happy Birthday and that I hope she feels better soon? Nothing cures a sickness like homemade cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you got to see her for me too! She is one of my faves too, and I still ain't met her yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, girl...u done make a sista cry. *weep*

    you know how i feel about you so i ain't saying a damn thing here. i love u girl. (other than that right there)

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!