Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Freestyles

Good Friday Morning!


Good HOT Friday Morning, that is.

Why do I say that? Because my AC is out at my house.

Don't worry, someone's supposedly coming out this Friday afternoon to have a look at it. Hopefully I just need a part. Hopefully.

It's a good thing it's not really hot right now. The current daytime temps in the ATL are in the 80s, while the evening temps are in the high 60s to low 70s.  I bought a couple of fans. I've actually gotten a little cold the past couple of nights. So hopefully this will all be corrected shortly. 

The cats don't seem to be worried about this.   With all that fur, I just know they are hot.  But apparently they are not.

The day the AC went out, it was a hot day, and it was 85 degrees in the house. The cats were sleeping extra hard that evening.

Look at Callie Jo. 

*Lee horrified that she's laying on her current crochet project*

That chick was knocked out.

And so was Oscar-Tyrone.


And Callie Jo would get up every 10 minutes and change position.

Humph. And somebody needs to tell Sister Callie Jo to GET OFF OF MY CROCHET STUFF.

Humph.

"Y'all some busters," I shouted. Neither moved an inch.

And I realized it was a simple food-for-thought moment. There is no need to get all worried and discombobulated about anything. And I wasn't. It is just an annoyance to have to call the home warranty folks and get everything arranged up and take off from work and wait for the service man.

(This is yet another high class problem, of course).

But in all situations, it is important to rest.

And I have decided to just rest... like Callie and Oscar. I have long understood that we paint pictures and build interesting images in our mind when certain situations arise.  And we are trained in building negative images in our minds... and we react to them as if they are real.

When it comes down to it, it's not about what one goes through... it's ones response to it that matters.

So I have decided to examine the pictures I build... and my responses. If it is a negative picture, I've decided to cast it out.

Soon I will have cool air.

Soon that very soon.

So that was the most interesting occurrence of my week.  I won't dwell much on it anymore until I know what's going on.

Food of the Week. Me and the raw thing aren't doing too well. Sure, I am pretty much use to it, but I am talking about from the recipe point of view. I prefer to stick with dishes I really like. Some of the new recipes I have tried are just nasty. Nerp.

But one thing I DO love:


Pomegranates!!

I don't see many of them, but I guess the pomegranate season is coming in, so I will be eating more.

I didn't know you could eat the seeds. This is good for me. Less mess. I use to spit the seeds out. And that was all just a mess, especially when I was little. So that is easier. I will be eating more of them.

But I have to be careful because one of my meds does not mesh well with pomegranates. I have to makes sure to take it well after or well before I even think about having a pomegranate. Ugh. 


Songs of the Week. I've been listening to a lot of Brandy lately. Here are my two favorite songs.





That's it for me!

I have messed ya'll up this week, haven't I? I did 7 posts this week!

I am trying to make up for such infrequent posting in May. So I may have some 2-a-day posting going on for a minute. Maybe even some weekend posting. I am SO behind and have so much to talk about.

I work half a day today, so I am happy about that!

You have a good weekend... ON PURPOSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!