Monday, June 23, 2014

Good Monday Evening


Good Monday Afternoon...

[No (now) Good Monday Evening. Forgot to hit publish. Humph]

I figure I better do a post while I sit here and eat a VERY late lunch. I am not sure why I am eating at 3 in the afternoon. I suppose it's because I would rather be eating some chittlins, Instead, I am eatingg on this seemingly bottomless salad of baby lettuce, arugula, shredded carrots, blueberries, zuchinni, yellow squash, sliced radishes, and sliced apples.

(Such a strange combination. I'm not sure what I was thinking. Especially after the spinach, pineapple, strawberry, peach and supergreens smoothie this morning)

You know, I think I just threw the fridge open this morning and said "What I gotta eat before it go bad?"

LOL.

Anyway, I had a good weekend. Good for me means sane and quiet. No drama.

Now, I did go to church on Sunday. This is odd for me. I am surprised the music from the omen didn't start playing when I walked in. I may start going on Sundays now that it's not so crowded. There are quite a few satellite locations on the outskirts of town, so people can go there instead of driving over 20 miles in. So the crowd has decreased by some 20%, looks like. So they may see more of me. At any rate, there is a Saturday night service (my Friday evening service has been canceled), so I may start going to that one.

The sermon, by a guest speaker, was very good. Basically, in order to change your life, you have to change your thought life. And you know that "thought life" subject matter is right up my alley.

Otherwise, it was a quiet weekend at home. Lots and lots of chores going on. I have been PMSing so I have been just wiped out all week after work, so this was officially a catch-up weekend.

And that meant more time observing Oscar-Tyrone and Callie Jo.

This photo surprised me... They were sleeping on the ottoman together. This is odd, because Callie likes to play-fight, and Oscar is an old man, i.e, he just does not want to be bothered.


And look at the green ball of yarn behind Callie Jo. She left it alone. She is, uh, learning: do NOT mess with my yarn. That is a huge no-no. I don't care what your cat nature may tell you. Leave it alone!

This quiet nap together made me wonder... Are these two getting along?

They must have heard my thoughts...


Because their eyes seem to open at the thought of it.

Then some mess popped off. I didn't catch it, because I was watching television. I just heard Oscar growl. And I turned to see the irritation on his face.



Callie Jo was moving too much. Then she apparently got smacked a couple of times.


Sista Callie looks like she's praying. Please don't let dude hit me again. Amen.

"Be nice, Oscar," I said. "Be nice."

Oscar had that look that said "Both you and the good sista Callie Jo can go to hell."

LOL

Oscar confuses me. I think he likes the whole playfighting thing. Callie is getting big... She actually flipped him over on his back yesterday. That was a sight to see. I think it shocked her.

And she has a routine in the mornings, where she goes in her cage for the day. She eats her food and then she goes to sleep. I caught Oscar sitting outside of her cage staring hard at her. This irritated her something awful, as she reached her little arms through the cage rails, trying her best to swipe him.

Of course Oscar was sitting just out of her reach... staring hard.

I wonder what was going through his mind?

Hmm. 

All this play fighting. And I know it's bad on his arthritis. Especially for Callie to flip him over like she did. 

Don't let that chick dog you, man! Show her who's in control!

Song of the week.
For some odd reason, I've been listening to this song a bit much.



A bit TOO much.

But how can you go wrong with Chaka Khan? It's definitely not one of her most popular song.

But I like it!

That's it for me.

There will be more interesting posts this week, I hope. I kind of like the two-a-day posts! We will see how that goes.

Have a good week. On purpose.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!