Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Word Play... LadyLee style

I really like long words.

And whenever I see one that I have never seen before, I like to look it up.

This month I saw the word psychoneuroimmunology in a book that I am currently reading about the divine nature of cells. (Yes, I am a nerd. And I like science. And I like spiritual things. If I can get all of that in a book, I am GOOD.)

Just looking at the word, I know the definition has something to do with the study of the mind from a mental and biochemical perspective, and how that affects the immune system. 

The real definition of psychoneuroimmunology: the study of the effect of the mind on health and resistance to disease.

My definition is okay, but that is better.

Also, when I see a huge word, I like to see how many words I can come up with from the word. I am sure this is a game, and there is a name for the game... but I don't know what it is. At any rate, it gives me a good idea of how "cognitive" I am that day.

So let's see how I do with this word. 

psychoneuroimmunology



euro
immuonology
log
logic
chronology
mono
lope
immune
psycho
psyche
soy
coy
nope
rope
goon
poor
chore
clone
lone
moon
loon
home
come
pome
chrome
room
mine
moon
money
honey
hone
groom
yes
some
pine
line
logic
crime
you
your
punch
lunch
munch
gel
more
pore
core
lore
yore
ore
sore
rhyme
coon
glory
story
gun
legion
region
chop
hop
hope
lop
psychology
neurology
chime
penology
pen
honor
micro
mice
lice
rice
ice
micron
synch
cipher
sip
pyre
mime
smore
hump
lump
chump
gum
gummy
lumpy
chummy
leg
peg
lime
lemon
lemony
ion
clue
pure
yip
pic
ropey
crime
noise
noisy
choose
lose
loose
moose
rose
pose
prose
pool
cool
mule
cooler
spool
school
gloom
gloomy
honor
plume
ploy
pyro
gyro
chip
hip
lip
pig
nip
rip

I was able to come up with 127 words in 30 minutes.

I think that is pretty good.

So I think my mind very sharp today!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:02:00 PM

    In nursing school we were taught how to break down words to find out there medical meaning. I loved med. terminology! I got a little excited when I saw your word. psycho - the mind
    neuro - nerves/nervous system
    immunology - immune system
    I didn't have to look the word up, just broke it apart. I miss school. : )

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!