Friday, June 06, 2014

Friday Freestyles!

Good Friday Afternoon...

Supposed to be Good Friday Morning, but uh... it ain't quite working out that way.

I am happy for the month of June. The month of May was so O_o for me for some odd reason. I am happy for the summer. At least it is consistently HOT now. 

I am sitting here now thinking about grass.

Not the grass you smoke, but the grass of my yard. And how it needs to be cut.

About 3 weeks ago, I left out for work one morning and saw that my grass had been nicely cut. I was a little hot because I told the neighborhood boys not to cut my grass, and it meant that now I would have to go get some cash to avoid getting my door kicked in. But it turns out that no one came to say anything. And you know what I thought.

"It must've been an angel..."

Who else would be out cutting grass all late at night, in the dark?

"Only an angel," I whisper. "Only an angel."

Well, it turns out that it wasn't an angel. My neighbor ran up on me a few days later and said that he did it.

How nice of him.

(I would NOT be cutting the grass at 9:00 at night).

So I returned the favor and mowed his yard and mine!

Look at that!



I think I did a mighty fine job, I did. It was more than a notion, though. I was one tired chicken. And I break up my mowing over a two day period - mow the front one day and the back the next. Hitting up two yards were more than a notion. That is all.

Like a good neighbor, Oldgirl is theeeeeeeerrrreeee!

(Notice I don't get as close to the house as I need to. And there was NO way I was getting under his porch or under my tree. I am scared up snakes and hidden stuff like that. I break out my trimmer for that type of stuff).

But I need to cut grass again.  And right now it's doing what it does every summer in the ATL: it's bright and sunny all day and it's raining cats and dogs in the evenings. And cutting wet grass is straight YIKES. I don't know what I am gonna do.

We will see.

Quote of the Week. From Jamal Bryant, since he got all yall's panties in a bunch this week..


"Little girls who have dreams grow up to be women who have vision."

That is from the Jamal Bryant sermon.  No one posted that up. Ya'll were all screaming about him saying "these hoes ain't loyal."

Oh how we live in such a silly world of running around "catching" folk saying something wrong. It is a never ending saga. Justin Beiber is in hot water now. And Jonah Hill said something crazy.  

"Gotcha!!!"

I wonder where it ends. Wait, it doesn't.  It's too much fun to catch people saying something stupid. I am glad my life isn't up on display. I would be in much trouble.

Who are we gonna catch or record next?

I am sitting here with baited breath, waiting to see who messes up next!


Anyway, Jamal Bryant's sermon in it's entirety was actually a decent sermon. I don't like him much because of all his histrionics. Give me a pastor that just talk, man. None of this hooping and hollering. But to each his own. And you do realize he does something like that in every sermon, some phrase or something that whips the congregation into some emotional frenzy, right? Pop culture references get the attention of young people. Trust me, it does.

I'd never even heard the "hoes" song. Wasn't necessary to even say that to get his point across. But I find it interesting that if he had NOT said the phrase, we wouldn't all be talking about it. So you sure that wasn't on purpose? Hmm.

I bet he gonna say something next Sunday to make ya'll lay on the floor and pull your hair out. LOL.

Anyway, in relation to the quote above, all little girls have dreams but sometimes things happen to short circuit it, thereby clouding our visions. I thought that was interesting.

Moving right along.

Song of the week. So when I travel, like I did last week when I drove the couple of hours out to Play Mama A's house, I tend to zero in on some song and play it to death in the car.  For some strange reason this song was the song of choice.




Rolling hard down the freeway in Lucy Junior listening to that... Wow. All I needed was a cigarette.

Cowgirl Cre said I needed some incense burning.

I wonder if you can burn incense in a car, though?

LOL

(Don't yall try that!!)

I am looking forward to the weekend. Sista Callie Jo has her first vet appointment. I hope that goes alright. Otherwise, I plan on hanging around the house, getting some chores out the way. I may have to run some errands... Just a normal weekend. On purpose.

And you have a good weekend... on purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:00:00 PM

    Heyyyy Lady.....

    "not the grass you smoke"
    that really made me giggle....

    Dee in san diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:49:00 PM

    You always have something to say that I can relate to. I thought my neighbors were the only ones who cut grass at 9pm. Drives me crazy! They switched up last week and were out there at 5am. Woke me up and it took all I had not to go out there and curse them out! As for Jamal he does a lot to shock and jock folks. Now, who is Callie Jo? I need to catch up on reading your blog. Mary in Louisiana

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!