Thursday, June 12, 2014

Happy Moments: Mexican Juice!

So I like to stop at one of my favorite spots from time to time whenever I am in the south suburbs.


I can't pronounce the name of the place. I just call it "La Ox"!

I don't go anymore for the mexican food, though. Well, they have good tacos and burritos. And other stuff I can't pronounce.

They even have a beef chittlerling taco.  There is also a goat taco and a beef tongue taco. And there's a taco stuffed with pork skins. Not sure why anyone would want that. I'll let ya'll work that out. Just give me my bean taco or burrito. Please and thank you. 

This is where the Mexican folks go after church. So you KNOW it must be good.

And I like their salsa bar. They have some type of chili paste that completely vacates my sinuses. Really though.

But I was sitting there with Sam when she was here, actually picking up a menu and looking through it, and I found out they have JUICE...


You know, I don't look much at the menu, but I looked through and figured it out.

I thought those were margaritas or something.  But it's a big azz glass of juice. You can get carrot juice, beet juice or orange juice...

Or a mix of all three.

GLORY!!

I got a mix of all three:




That was good. It tasted like it was straight out of the juicer. That did NOT come out of a bottle. No way.

It is pricey ($6.50), but it is AWESOME. Give me that and some of that good mexican music they have going over the loud speakers, and I am GOOD.  That's a happy moment. I know a little spanish by the time I come out of there!

Thank goodness I don't roll up that way much. It's only a 20 minute drive from my house, but you know how much I hate being in a car too long. And that's too long.

But that juice... That's what I get from now on when I go there.

 Damn the tacos and burritos!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:47:00 AM

    It's too damned early in the morning for you to be making me this hungry; especially after I are more than the serving of organic granola with almond milk for breakfast. Damn you Dubble L! Now, I'm jonesing for all things Mexican. Grr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a smoothie with lettuce, kale, pineapple, and two scoops of powdered super greens.

      I will trade that for your granola and milk. Please and thank you.

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!