Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Happy Moments: Me and My Mama

One thing I know:

I am glad the month of May is over.

I was overstimulated. And I don't do well when I am overstimulated. It's sort of like people who can't take rapid bright flashes of color on the television. Sort of like that.

But I like to think of my happy moments. There turned out to be quite a few.

My happiest moment was sitting in Play Mama A's studio, watching some random netflix shows on the computer, and talking.

She was sewing, as she had some deadlines to meet.


Sewing up a storm!!


I don't know how to sew, but she has a lot of sewing machines. I almost got the notion to snatch some random pieces of fabric and sew, too. That mighta got me yelled at though.

I was so excited that I broke out my current crochet projects.


I was so excited that I wanted to sang...

"Me and My Mama!!! My Mama and Meeeeeeeeeee!!!"

What a good day that was, us sitting in our pajamas and crafting up a storm. It didn't cost us a thing to do that.  It was something I will always remember.

It's amazing how such things can bring peace of mind. Even the mere memory of it makes me happy.

I may have to grab my yarn, jump in my car and make the 2.5 hour drive again back down her way soon, if she'd have me.

I need more days like that.

6 comments:

  1. Awww you are welcome anytime :) I have more deadlines lol we can talk all night lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good friends are rare--and a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds real nice. I need some moments like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you're having fun & enjoying yourself and not hurting anyone or anything...Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good peaceful fun time. Love days like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends where you can enjoy just being together doing whatever are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!