Monday, June 02, 2014

An Oldgirl's New Glasses!

Look what I got!

 

Some new glasses.

And it's about time. My old ones were all scratched up and falling all apart. It just did not make a bit of sense. I was waiting around to see how all my other medical bills fell before I purchased some new glasses. That means it was just low on my list.

But I finally got some.

And look at this:


Clip-on shades!



GLORY!

That's that new age technology. They clip on by magnets. Ain't that something?

Now I can look coooooool... All the time.  When the sun is shining. When it's dark. Cooool.

Maybe those have been out for awhile, and I just haven't caught on. It takes me a minute, you know.

I decided this time to go to a highly optomertrist off of Angie's List, and I am glad I did. I usually go to one of the big box discount type eyeglass places, but the last eye exam didn't go quite well. My lupus affects my eyes (not that much, but enough to notice), and the doggone doctor was looking at me like I was crazy when I told him this after he asked me why one of my eyes was "dirty". Humph. Pissed me off.

But this guy was on point, and knew what to look for and asked all the right questions, and he answered all my questions on a level where I could understand. So it looks like this Oldgirl has a trusty eye doctor!

I find when I go to a private eye establishment, the prices are sky high (and rightfully so). Those glasses cost about $600, and I normally pay around $375-$400. I have progressive invisible trifocals, ultra thin lenses, transitions and all that jazz, so my glasses are pretty expensive. They have lasted from 3 to 7 years, so that's not all that bad.

But these new glasses are the best I've ever had. Hands down.

Now, I want an extra pair of glasses, but I don't want to pay that much for them. 

So in comes the chicken... One of my favorite chickens, blogger Serenity_23... She has been ordering her glasses online for years, and she loves them.

So I asked her to order some for me.

But not the ones she has on, man! LadyLee is NOT that fashionable. I am not fashionable AT ALL.

Can you imagine me walking around sporting some marine blue glasses??? HA HA HA!

Uh... no.

(And she is wearing that good MAC make-up. No wonder she likes that stuff. It looks a mite bit different from my trusty Wal-mart make-up. Me and her... we are gonna have to have a discussion about that. Yes indeed.)

Bump that. Just order me some basic glasses, ma'am. Please and thank you.

This chicken was having problems, though. I thought I was gonna have to snap on her. She set up an account for me and kept it moving. I needed her to go further than that.

In my minds eye, I saw her ordering my glasses, me giving her a credit card number, and my glasses sitting in my hand. The end.

We didn't do that. There was a whole bunch of discussion. Finally, there was a happy medium. I wanted to just test how much the glasses would be, and it looks like she figured that I could get what I want for around $250. If I leave off the transitions, I can get them for around $150. And that's a decent price.

I still have to lift my fingers and type in a credit card number.

Chicken, you coulda hooked that up too. Humph.

Seriously, thanks chicken. Thanks for helping me out.  I owe you a favor :)

5 comments:

  1. LOL. Imagine going to read someone's blog and BAM there's your face on the post.. I'm glad I could help. There's no reason to pay a lot for glasses now that I can buy them online.. I think the ones in the photo above were $12.. And I told you walmart makeup just ain't the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see. That's that real makeup. That makes me want to throw my wal-mart and asian beauty supply make-up out the window!

      If I paid $12 for my glasses, you will know that I stole them. LOL.

      I am going to order those glasses soon, and see how they are. If they work out, I will just go get my eyes checked and buy them online.

      Thanks again! You know how this type of stuff confuses me to no end!

      Delete
    2. $!2...WHAT?!!! Makes me never want to buy a pair of glasses in a store again!

      Delete
  2. I need to get that eyeglass hook up too! I don't want to pay $400 for mine! I have not own a new pair of glasses in over 17 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waving..Hey Ladylee!! Just checking in!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!