Thursday, June 05, 2014

Quotable Quotes, Part I

So...

I was in the Best Buy looking to buy some wireless headphones (Callie Jo chewed on mine. Sigh). I was in line behind a young man waiting to be checked out. He had a quote written in green cursive ink on the back of his left bicep.

For some odd reason I have a fascination with tattoos lately. No it doesn't mean I am going to get one. But people have such interesting stories behind them.

So as not to be rude by staring, and trying to read what it said, I asked him what it said. He looked over his shoulder and read it aloud.

"I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being."

"Wow," I said. "That is awesome."

"My mother told me that," he said as he walked away towards a cashier.

What a quote.

I looked it up, and it is a quote from Hafez, a popular middle eastern poet. It is also a quote to remember when one is lonely or depressed.

I was just impressed that such a young person, no older than early 20s, thought so much of a quote that his mother said to him that he had it tatted on his arm.

I am sure it is a good reminder of how special he is to his mother. And how special he is in general.




1 comment:

  1. Wow indeed! That quote just blew me away!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!