Thursday, June 05, 2014

Quotable Quotes, Part 2


I am such a fan of blogger Chele.

I put her on a pedestal. A pedestal up on top of Mount Everest.

Especially because she drops gems like this.

"I have insecurities like anyone else but deep down, to my core, I know that I am enough. I don’t require approval or validation from anyone. I am enough. To spend more time than I should caring about what people who aren’t paying my bills think about me and wouldn’t approve of me no matter what I did is distracting me from my purpose."

(That is from the post Enough at Chele's Discoveries blog).

Ohhhhh that just shook me to my core.

Ohhhhh the breadth and depth of that. How insanely deep is that?

I won't discuss my feelings and thoughts on that verse from chapter 49 of the Good Book of Chele, because this would go down as the longest post I've ever written.

That quote is strong meat.  It is like good pot of oxtails that's gotta cook all night in the slow cooker.

We'll just let that one... marinate.


That is a quote for the ages.

I wish I could've realized such a thing at the age of oh... 12 or so. We as women don't get that until our 30s... or 40s.


Sigh.

Good one, Chele.

I too am enough, Chele.

I am enough.

*LadyLee bows so low to you that my lips kiss the ground*

2 comments:

  1. Shoot ... now I want some oxtails! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, that quote make me want some oxtails, some good cornbread and collard greens and some good pepper sauce, That quote make me think of rice and gravy with them oxtails. And some nice blackberry cobbler for my dessert.

      Hmm. Hmm. Good.

      GLORY!

      You keep reading verses from the Good Book of Chele and we might just have to fire up a trough of chittlins.

      LOL

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!