Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Olive Love


Cowgirl Cre and I were talking about olives the other day.

Why?

Because the local Whole Foods has an olive bar...


...and we NEVER see anyone there.

It's not like the hot bar, where everyone's milling around perusing and making choices, taking big and small scoops of this or that.

No. There's NEVER anyone at the olive bar.

"People like olives, though," I said.

Yes they do. But there's never anyone there.

So I decided to go over there and peer a little closer and see if there was anything that I liked.


Not only did they have olives, they had a ton of other stuff. Like whole pickled cucumbers.

And up in upper right hand corner, there are peppadews. They even had two types - red and orange. Those are sweet with a hot bite to them, but not enough to set one's head on fire (I like hot food, but not that hot).  I have bought those before, but they are cheaper at my local white people's kroger (yes they have an olive/greek bar there. But not at the black peoples' kroger).

In the lower right hand corner, there is an olive tapenade.  I have had that before at a restaurant. But I don't see myself paying for a container of it.

All and all, I don't like olives or pickles. Not enough to sit around eating them alone. And for me, they overpower my food. I definitely don't like that.

And I was telling Cowgirl Cre that the candied pecans sitting above the olive bar are the real shocker... those are $10 to $12 per container. I like candied nuts, but not THAT bad. You see how small that container is?

You see me with that, you know I've been doing some... shoplifting.

Un-hunh.

I don't think I will be hanging out at the olive bar anytime soon. I will leave that up to ya'll.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!