Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

Happy Black Friday to YOU!

Did you get out in the streets? Did you elbow your way through the crowds at four in the morning grabbing what you can get?

Good for you. 'Cuz I didn't.

I don't like to shop as it is, and I don't like crowds, so for me that's a bad combo. Let's just say that I am hunkered down in the House of LadyLee.

We didn't do anything for Thanksgiving.

Here's the scene. Me on the couch, with my laptop. My sister in the easy chair on her laptop. Both of us tapping away on keys.

Both of us entrenched in a The Closer Marathon.

Oscar-Tyrone walking around meowing real hard. (He was hollering "Can someone PLEASE play with me? Rub me, do something!!!")

Me hollering "Oscar, go sit down somewhere!!"

Me switching the the TV channel to the Packers-Lions game. Me hollering HARD when Packers score, as Donald Driver, Aaron Rodgers, and Charles Woodson are on one of my Fantasy football teams (Man, I scored 118 points off those three peeps along. MAYBE I can beat my rival this week aquababie, aka "Da Sip's finest" (that chick is RUTHLESS!)

And Me completing my goal of creating a couple of vegetarian dishes: one from my Vegetarian Times Magazine, and another from the top of my head, lol...

Chickpea patties!!!





I had those with a cucumber tomato greek dressing (complete with soy feta cheese crumbles).

It was REALLY good! OH JOY!!!

I made Kentucky taste it. "I don't like that too much. It tastes like beans. But I like the sliced cucumber tomato lemon dressing. That is refreshing!"

Yes, it was very good. I will make a change next time: I will replace the 15 oz can of garbanzo beans (chick peas) with some cubed potatoes or yucca. It's already made with chickpea flour (I didn't know such a thang existed- who the heck gets down with chickpea flour?) So I think potatoes will cut down on the beany flavor. (But don't get me wrong - I like them like they are, too.)

Now here's my own fancy creation: stuffed peppers. I'm calling this one "Peppers LadyLee"!



I stuffed them with red quinoa and sauteed veggies.







They were VERY good. The veggies I used -Broccoli, spinach, tomato, onions, peppers, parsely, garlic). Added a cup of faux chicken broth to keep it moist. Topped it off with some of the cheese crumbles Kentucky used to make mac-n-cheese.

But I forgot the mushrooms. Oh, that woulda set it OFF.

I forced let Kentucky try it. She said she liked it way better than the "bean stuff". LOL.

So next time, I'll add my mushrooms and some celery. That'll do the trick.

That was the highlight of Thanksgiving, my trying a couple of new recipes. I want to try 2 or 3 new recipes a month, with the hope of adding at least one to my repetoire.

I think I did well here. I found two new dishes I really like, and will try again...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving...

And I hope your Black Friday deals came through And you didn't have to beat a sucka down to get what you wanted, lol...)

2 comments:

  1. Hubby is out reight this second shopping. He also went last night too. I am not into that shopping stuff. But any how, the dishes look absolutely delicious. I'll return to steal the recipes...

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!