Friday, November 20, 2009

Freestyle Fridays

What has this been, 3 days this week that I've done randomness posts?

LOL. It's not like I don't have things to talk about. It just takes more time to do planned posts: loading pictures and whatnot.

And I'm not planning my time too well these days. I've been so bone tired in the evenings that I just come home and get in the bed. So as a result, this hasn't been the most productive week in the world.

I am doing my best to finish up my book club book, Jodi Picoult's Handle with Care. The meeting is tomorrow. I am on page 338 and the book is 477 pages long. I ain't gonna make it. That'll be a 2 dollar fine for not reading the book. I ain't concerned about that, but I am concerned about the drive out to the Northern Surburbs for the meeting. It's suppose to rain cats and dogs tomorrow. The meeting is at 2, so I think I will leave at 12 to get up there. I don't want to rush in the rain.

I am glad today is Friday. I am waaay behind on things due at work, and that ain't my fault. We are half staffed. My goal these days is to just get a few things done, period. Can't get everything done, and I am fine with that.

My boss and I had a "Come to Jesus" talk. You know what that is: when folks say whatever they have to say, and everybody cry, and all is good. Well, nobody cried or anything. Nobody yelled. I just needed to know where her head was at and what the heck is her vision. Man, I feel like the captain has abandoned the ship or something. I felt better after getting everything off my chest. I even presented an idea or two. I don't think it will be taken into consideration, but oh well. I felt better afterwards. That's all that matters to me.

I am VERY suprised that I got my requested time off for The Thanksgiving Holiday approved. So I only have a 2 day workweek next week. I don't plan on doing anything for Thanksgiving. My BFF is going on a cruise (I am SICK over this, but at the same time, happy for her). So I may just be milling around the house. I don't plan on doing much cooking. There are a couple of vegan recipes I want to try. I was even thinking about having some seafood for thanksgiving (OH THE HORROR). LOL... It's a holiday, man... I can "splurge" away from the vegetarian fare, can't I? That is still up in the air, and I may just not do that. We will see.

I hope to make it to church tonight. I am REALLY really tired. But I like Friday night bible study. It is a good end to my week, and the sermon is ALWAYS centered on whatever I've been battling emotionally all week. So that makes it well worth it.

What's up for the weekend? Book club meeting. A LOT of writing. A good bit of sleeping, lol. Chores, since I didn't get much done around the house all week.

I am just happy for the time off.

I am still barreling along with the NaBloPoMo activity, so there will be a post tomorrow...

I hope you all have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!