Thursday, November 26, 2009

**HAPPY THANKSGIVING**

Wassup Ya'll...

We at the House of LadyLee would like to wish you a very

Happy Thanksgiving

And here's a little turkey for you...





I took this picture of a turkey as it roamed my neighbor's back yard, some 3 years ago.

I still don't understand how a turkey found his way into downtown ATL, so deep in the 'hood. He was walking around like he was straight lost. I don't know what became of him. Hope he didn't get caught up in the sporadic gunfights that take place some 2 to 3 blocks from my house...
Oh well, let's not ponder that.

I hope you are having a great Thanksgiving.

My sister cooked yesterday. She baked a chicken, some mac-n-cheese, a couple of small pans of dressing and a green bean casserole. She rounded that out with a storebought strawberry cream pie. I partook of all of it, except the chicken. It was all divine!

I even had some baked tilapia yesterday. I. am. such. a heathen.

LOL! It's the holidays, and that was my classic "live it up" moment... eat some MEAT.

I should've went out and got myself a plate of chitlins from somewhere. Now THAT would be living it up.

But today, I am trying something new. I have a couple of vegetarian recipes I want to fool around with. Today I will make some chickpea patties with a greek cucumber topping. I got that recipe from the Vegetarian Times magazine which I absolutely LOVE!!

The picture of the finished product looked so beautimous in the magazine. Let's hope I can replicate that and that it don't taste all crazy.

I have a couple of recipes I made up on my own that I want to try out. I'm making some stuffed peppers. But mine will be stuffed with a red quinoa and sauteed veggie concoction (broccoli, onions, peppers, mushrooms). I am also making a spicy corn chowder, not with dairy cream, but with cashew cream.

I'm also gonna try to hook up a dessert. I bought some pecan meal at the Vegan grocery store. I got 2 apples in the fridge and some oatmeal. We's about to hook up a crust and a stewed apple concoction... gonna call it "Apple LadyLee".

LOL!!

I picture these things in my mind... Let's hope it don't taste all jacked up! I won't hesitate to throw it down on the floor in Oscars food bowl.

*Oscar giving LadyLee the hard side-eye*

I may take pictures... We will see.

Now, this is a day of Thanksgiving, so be sure to pause and be mindful of all the things in your life. Take a moment to reflect. We've had trials and setbacks, but we've also had triumphs. I had some fine prayer time this morning, thanking God for all the people who've come across my life, past and present, who've been a blessing to me...

Enjoy your day, with friends and family!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

from your Friendly Neighborhood Oldgirl ~ LadyLee.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I hope your veggie food turns out wonderful and you truly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving. Don't hurt yourself on dinner lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Green Eyed Bandit6:48:00 PM

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!