Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday 7

I was making my "to-do list" for today, and I just knew that I was leaving something off of it.

Indeed I did. I forgot that I needed to post today.

Man, I, like a few others, am READY for this daily posting thigamajig to be over.

It seems like such a good idea at the beginning of the month. I myself could post twice a day if I had the time. But once you get towards the middle, and definitely towards the end, it's like GEEEZUSSS! Let's be done already.

LOL

Anyway, I suppose I'll do a Saturday Seven.

What will your Friendly Neighborhood Oldgirl be getting into today?

Well, I didn't leave the house yesterday. I needed to let the Black Friday peoples do their thing. I have no patience for craziness.

1. Clean up. I am constantly cleaning up. I don't like that. Most of it is because I am real tired after work. I just want to sit it down and chill out and just go to bed. So my weekdays aren't all that productive. Like many, I save cleaning for the weekend. this morning, I've already cleaned the kitchen, the laundry room, the dining room... I've mopped and wash and folded clothes. I think tonight I will tackle my bedroom and bathroom and living room. But I have to come up with a good way to do more cleaning up during the week. I like my weekends a bit more freed up.

2. Crochet. I am waaay behind on a crochet project. I am making a blanket for my friend's January 9th birthday. I am like, 30% done, so I better get on it, doggonit!!

3. Read. I plan on reading my bible and my daily devotional. I have a writing book I'm perusing right now, so I may get into that a little. I try to read one book over the holidays, and for the Thanksgiving holiday I read Push. I am uh, deeply disturbed now. Definitely not a feel good holiday book.

4. Write. Of course I didn't fulfill my NaNO obligation. Nor had I really intended to. This month was used to work out some key problems with one of my short stories, which is a novella really. I did that just fine. I have about 15 chapters done, and I think I may have 5 more. So I'll be writing around 1500 words tonight, and working on transferring some of my longhand written chapters to the computer. So I am happy about that.

5. Grocery. I plan on hitting up Wal-mart and the Farmers Market today. I need to go later, to let the crowds clear out some. I don't like crowds, man!

6. Eat. Yep, gotta eat today. I have no real idea what I'll be eating. I had oatmeal for breakfast. This is nothing new, as I eat oatmeal for breakfast 95% of the time. This morning I hooked it up with peaches, cranberries, raisins and almond milk and honey. It was sho nuff good. Almost gave me the itis!

7. Post office. This has been an AWFUL postal year for me. I haven't mailed anybodys stuff to them in a timely manner. I am always looking for extra stuff I need to put in the gift, stuff like that. I promise to improve this year coming up. I am learning that I have to plan a month in advance, instead of hollering about how I have time. No I don't have time. Pack it up and send it early if I have to. Then it may be also psychological with me. The three post offices I use, well, there is always some HIGH drama going on there. Somebody cussing out the workers, amongst other stuff. I cannot STAND that.

So I may go today, or early tomorrow morning. We will see.

That is it for my Saturday Seven.

Pretty boring, hunh? That's the way I like it, Man!

I hope you enjoy your Saturday. Make it a great weekend on purpose!

4 comments:

  1. The Green Eyed Bandit9:55:00 PM

    Have you tried doing 15 minutes a day to help with the house. Just take 15 minutes to tidy up something. That way it does not take you too long to do it on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That works VERY well. I use to do two fifteen minute deals in 2 different rooms. But not lately. I am bone tired when I get home. I need to find a way around that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "need to get on it! dog on it!"

    I had a major flashback. I wonder where Melissa Summers is now. heh heh. I'm not a native Atlantan, but I've been here 18 years now.

    Umm gotta love going to the post office. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, boring ain't uneventful. You COULD have had seven things that started with "I sat on my constantly spreading ass and..."

    And I couldn't do that month of posting thing these days. I did it once. But not right now. I know how much work it is just remembering to get to it every day, much less actually coming up with something to say. And of course those of us who have done that know when you are cheating. And we don't mind...

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!