Tuesday, November 03, 2009

LadyLee the Voter...

I voted today...



I live in the city of Atlanta, and there's a big Mayoral race going on...

Shirley Franklin is on her way out, and someone new is on their way in...

Now Shirley's been a good Mayor... but her last year of office, someone dropped the ball down at City Hall. I don't know what's going on, but...

My water bill is 100% higher.

My property tax bill was 30% higher (and ya'll know how HIGH city taxes can be. UGH!)

Somebody dropped the ball, the bat, the helmet... the kitchen sink...

And there's this big "bruh-ha" about keeping city hall black...

Whatever.

You negroes are mucking UP!

I voted for Mary Norwood today...

Mary Norwood for Mayor!!



(I need me a t-shirt with that on it!)

Yeah, I voted for the white lady. Yeah, I'm a traitor! SUE ME!

My white girl alter ego, "Lisa-Anne", is in control...

*Lisa-Anne throwing on long blond wig and fake blue contact lenses*

I voted for Norwood because whenever we had neighborhood meetings, not at a community center but up in someone's house, Mary Norwood was there to answer any questions. And if she couldn't answer the question, she would write that ish down and email us back... She'd even show up with reports of how they were working on various issues like mortgage fraud and blight in the neighborhoods. The chick was knowledgable and PASSIONATE about all thangs ATLien...

I remember thinking a few years ago, "I hope she runs for Mayor, because she is down for the city!"

Where the heck were these other candidates... I don't know anything about them. Ain't seen ya'll's tails nowhere near MY hood.

Yet you want to cheese in my face now? Cuz you want me to vote for you? Would you have be stomping the hoods if you weren't running for Mayor?

Uh, no.

NO, PLAYA!!!

Norwood's been hood deep for a minute. EVERYBODY knows who she is.

I voted for Norwood. I think she will get the job done. I think she might even win without a runoff, because the white folks in the good part of town got her on lock... They'll get out and vote. I went to my precinct this morning before work, and I was the only one up in that camp. I was in and out in 3 minutes flat.

(Didn't look like that when we were voting Obama in. I had to wait 2 hours to vote that day).

I hope you win, Norwood. You've put the work in. Didn't even sling mud in your commercials.

I ought to take my tail down to the Varsity for your election night party.

(Can't do that, Man... I'm tired when I get off from work. I'm taking my behind to the crib).

I know you'll get something done.

Shoot, man...

If that Oldgirl can lower my water bill, heck, that will be enough for me!

4 comments:

  1. Great choice and you're right. Folks up north where my wife and I were living have her back.

    Oh, and we saw both the support and heard of instances THIS SUMMER where Candidate Norwoord was out there answering questions, trying to come up with solutions.

    And plus, there were a whole buncha signs in our neighborhood.

    I don't know about the outcome, but I am keeping score. I may be an ATLien one day and some folk rubbed me the wrong way during my summer stay, so I gotsta be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what's most important is that you have legitimate reasons for your vote. You sat right here and laid out DETAILS of how and why you think she can do the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna be at Varsity right now...

    I miss Atlanta so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ain't nobody gonna sue your tail Oldgirl! lol! You can vote however you liiiiike!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!