Monday, November 23, 2009

Good Rainy Monday Morning

Good Morning...

Or should I say, Good rainy morning.

The current temperature in the ATL is 45 degrees... and it is raining.

Maaaannnn, I KNOW I should've taken off the entire week of Thanksgiving. UGH.

But, that's okay. I have a short work week - 2 days.

And they are going to WORK my tail. All 16-18 hours worth. (And that's ALL I'm working).

My weekend. I had a nice weekend. I only left the house to go to my book club meeting up on the Northside. I actually made it up there in less than 30 minutes. That was because there were no traffic accidents on the way, which is like, amazing for the ATL.

The meeting was held at this REALLY good barbeque place, KC Pitt. No, I didn't have any barbeque. I only had onion rings, lemonade and some of my book club sister Star's cake. (I felt like crap afterwards. Fried food and lemonade (I drink water 99% of the time), well that is grease and sugar, which I ain't all that use to anymore. So let's just say an Oldgirl had the itis.

It was good to see everyone. And we had a really good discussion of the book Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult. The book was good. But I only rated it an "8" because it was too doggone long.

Sunday, I didn't do much, just the usual. Chores, chores and more chores. (Man, I gotta figure out how to keep house during the week, but your girl be all tired after work!) I edited a friend's resume, and I got a good bit of writing and editing done on my NaNoWriMo project. Not sure I will finish that, but I tell you, I have gotten through some bumpy parts, some parts that were holding me up. And that was one of my goals for the month. I have about 11,500 words right now, with another 3000 words of various scenes written longhand, that I need to type up. I plan on doing that this week, off and on. So I am pretty happy with that.

I am glad you all like the Fancy That Prologue posted last week. I don't know WHY folk don't like to comment (People tend to email me, and that is fine). But that is cool. I am just glad you liked it. It is the type of stuff I like to do: cliffhanger type deals. LOVE that. But that particular piece will get absorbed in the body of the work somewhere. Not sure.

I think I will post something else this week from another story. See how ya'll feel about that.

Quotes of the Week. One that I really like.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the MOMENTS that take our breath away." (Posted by a book club sista on Facebook.)

I think that is so true. Very much so.

Post of the week. Aunt Jackie's Lightbulb Moments. Very nice. Very nice indeed.

A most poignant quote from that post:

"...I have to let go of the past and all that comes with it. I think for too long I have imagined that some how I missed out on my good thing. Maybe I didn't love right, maybe I wasn't paying attention. maybe if I just tried again with someone some where who loved me once we could make it better. Since I've only ever loved a handful of men in my life time, it wasn't hard to forget who was who and even easier to stay in touch. Some how in the touching I lost sight of the fact that things never return to the way they are. Life moves on and in our romantic attempts to cling to that which is familiar we sometimes work to recreate our past, over and over again."

Yeah... I'll be thinking about this one for awhile. Every woman has her lightbulb moments. This one was a good one, one I've had my own self.

Thanksgiving. The holiday season is upon us. I am not a big holiday person. I just don't like the commerciality of it all. I don't think we are even cooking around here. There are a couple of vegetarian recipes I want to try. I have a book of vegan sauce recipes, and I want to kick a couple of those. My sister Kentucky is not doing anything. I think we're just hanging around the house. She can't decide what she wants to do: fry chicken and hook that up with some mash potatoes, or do a low country boil. That gal is so fickle that she might just roll up out of here to Grandma's house. So I don't pay her much attention.

I ususally go over to my best friend LadyTee's house for Thanksgiving, but she and her family are going on a short Bahamas cruise for the holiday. I am happy for her, but just a little sick behind that. I am going to miss her. Wish I could've gone. But I know she and her peeps will have a great time. I am looking forward to her thoughts on her first cruise!!

So that's it for my Monday Morning thoughts...

By the way, all the House of LadyLee fans who are around the age of 40: check out the first 3 songs on the playlist to the left... Can you say "Night Traks"? Remember that show? Did you stay up alllll night on the weekends watching that craziness.

Those were the days. Just a bit of nostalgia for you!

I'm gonna go head on and go to work and I hope these 2 days go by super super fast!

You all have a great week. And if you're traveling home for the holidays, take care and be safe.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:33:00 AM

    "check out the first 3 songs on the playlist to the left"

    Who are these people?

    I'll stick to my Lil Wayne and TI playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @That Southern Black Gal... Baby, you have to be around the age of 40 to 45 to truly UNDERSTAND those songs... so of course you were outside running around bathfoot and kicking rocks when those songs were out. LOL!!!

    You can HAVE Oscar the Grouch and the Skinny Whisper of a Man. LOL!! Give me some REAL music, Ma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote from the lightbulb post, I'll have to go read the whole thing.

    No Turkey on Turkey Day??? I'm scratching my head in confusion...lol. Just kidding. I'm proud of you for sticking with the veggieness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:46:00 PM

    hey old girl-
    it's been a long time, we moved to doraville... why ask why... my baby girl is 5 and in kindergarten!
    she eats her veges:) hope you're well. love, carter anne

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!