Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Talkative Tuesday

Wassup ya'll...

I don't feel like posting today, but I'm gonna make it through this NaBloPoMo thingy.

I can post everyday... Might not be talking about nothing important, but heck, we can work it out, right?

Sho you right.

LOL

A bit of randomness will alway do.

I'm laying in the bed, looking out the window. It's going to be a dreary day. I have REALLY enjoyed all the nice sunshine and nice temperature. And now here comes the doggone rain. Ugh. Enough already.

Man... I am TIRED of turning on the TV and seeing Sarah Palin's face. I don't trust that chick at all. I am NOT buying the book. I have a problem with her leaving her governorship to make money. And you think I'm going to vote for you in 2012. Girl stop!!!

Hey, to each it's own. Make your money, honey.

There's a story of a woman who sold her 5 year old into sex slavery up in North Carolina. I didn't hear the whole story, but what in the world? How does one get to the point where the mere thought of such a thing even remotely crosses their mind? I will always be baffled about such. And they think they have found the little girl's body. Geez... And the woman is pregnant with another child. Ugh. She needs to be locked up for life behind this.

Work has been okay this month. It really bothers me now that I really hate my job. I use to really like my job. I am thankful for it, as it is a great source of income, but management has run the place into the ground. It's like they are living out their Nino Brown New Jack City dreams. Our building is the Carter. I want to lean out the window and tell Troop and Levert, who are warming their hands over a hot fire blazing in a barrel, to kick the ballistics!

(You won't understand that unless you've heard the opening song for New Jack City).

I don't like feeling like that at all. Not one bit. I've always done things to keep my morale up, but right now I'm like the Terminator at the end of every Terminator movie:

My red light has slowly faded out. Sigh.

On to better thoughts...

My writing is going well. I may even start doing writing progress updates like I use to do so long ago on the blog. Because I am doing just that: making progress.

I completed the 8th and 9th chapters of my current NaNoWriMo project. I had the first seven chapters written, and I managed to edit those up quite a bit. I have 2 chapters written by longhand, so it's just a matter of writing those parts up. But in the past week, I've gotten past a couple of areas that had me stuck, so now I can flow a little better. I don't have a goal of writing the 50,000 word novel, but this current piece is more of a novella, hopefully at 20,000-25,000 words or so.

I've been getting emails about the Fancy That prologue that I mentioned in the last couple of weeks. I think I may post that up this week, just to see what ya'll think about that. I sent a copy to Diva in Demand and she was wowed by it. That made me feel good.

It's a piece that I haven't figured out what to do with yet. We will see.

I have a vegetarian post coming up, but I haven't figured out how to write it. It may be one of those lonnnng posts. Trying not to do that. (Okay, I know I say that, then right so long drawn out craziness. I'm trying to kill that noise...lol).

I'm still in the 6 month vetting of the whole process, and I have learned much about it, and about myself in the process. Just gotta figure out how to put that into words, you know

I'll work it out. Really though.

Well, I'm going to get up and go make my oatmeal. I eat that every single morning, and I feel kinda weird if I don't.

And I have to hook it up, cuz plain oatmal is like a boring job... just no damn good.

(My goodness, where did that simile come from?)

I'm hooking it up with pecans, almond milk and dried pears this morning. Might throw in a dollop of all natural apple sauce.

That's what I call a hook-up.

My prayer for myself this morning was the same as yesterday: that I have a good productive day. Yeah, I wailed about my disdain for the place, but at the same time, I want to do a good honest job. That's all I want. That prayer was answered yesterday. I hope the same for today.

I hope the same for you... that whatever you hope to accomplish today, you will acccomplish.

And accomplish with flair and purpose...

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:24:00 PM

    The story about the 5 yr old is terrible. Terrible! I wouldn't mind a lil street justice for that mother. I can't imagine what the lil girl's father is feeling. He was trying to do right by letting his daughter have her mother in her life and that one decision cost his child's life.

    Now I'm mad all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hesitant to ask these questions, but here goes: Have you ever considered that your season at your current job may be coming to an end? I may have you confused with someone else but did you want to be a college professor? Would you even consider transitioning soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Southern... You know, they were talking about having to put the woman in isolation to keep the other women from hurting her. Because you know it would go down like that. Really.

    @Beezy... What you all hesitant for? You know you can ask me anything. We candid like that, Oldgirl. Yes I have considered that my season is up, for sure. Sure I would love to be a college professor, I just have to wrap my head around the deep pay cut... This job is straight cake... cake, cake, cake.

    Excuses excuses, right?

    We'll discuss over email soon... My butt will be blogging all day in my own comment section. I would like to get your thoughts on where my head is right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:27:00 AM

    Do you know?






    Whereisnickalexander.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...I'm still trippin over that story about that little girl myself.

    All I can say is: Her mother is going to have to answer to god about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been thinkin' 'bout you...er...no kidding...home sick...makes the mind wander ALL over the place...you popped in the head (don't ask why-couldn't tell ya)--I'm with LB on ths one..season is up...and when you overstay your welcome...well..it gets kinda ugly. Take it from one who has "been there and done that.'--Cake is good only when fresh...it can and will get stale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cyncere...

    "Cake is good only when fresh... it can and will get stale"

    Really though. I'll have to write that one down.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!