Monday, November 09, 2009

Good Monday Morning!

This is a Good Monday Morning.

Despite it being a bit chilly in the ATL this Morning...

It's because it's My Auntie Joyce's 60th birthday.



Happy Birthday, Auntie!!


Go Auntie!!

My Auntie is the BEST artistin the world. Here's a sampling of her work.


And she's ambidextrous, can write with both hands! Ain't that the coolest?

Happy Birthday Auntie. You've always been a surrogate Mama for me. Thanks for listening all these years, and for steering this Oldgirl in the right direction.

I didn't get her anything for her birthday. But I am off on Wednesday, and we are spending the day together. She wants to take a field trip to the Vegan grocery and the Farmer's Market. I think I'll give her a cart and let her run wild!! LOL.

I'm looking forward to hanging out Auntie... I really am.

My weekend. It was very quiet. I didn't even leave the house. This is rare. This is GOOD.

I wrote a loooooong post yesterday. Even long-winded for me. It was for me. I was hoping no one would read that. But Sunday's may be a day where I just clear my head on a few things: my own personal clock cleaning move... I need to know what's going on in my heart at the time. And I need to get on my knees with my proverbial toothbrush and clean the icky parts.

I did all I said I'd do on my Saturday 7. I came up with a recipe for cream of broccoli soup using cashew cream. Green Eyed Bandit was excited about this, as I was at her house last week, and she had a vegan segment from the Oprah show on DVR. She made me watch it despite my HARD grumblings. I'm glad I did. Creamed cashews are a good substitute for heavy cream. We gonna work that, honey!

Post of the week. We're reading an interesting devotional right now, and I've required Serenity to kick out some posts concerning it. (*Serenity staring hard at screen and hollering "What the heck is Leezie talking about?"*)

Very interesting one: Are Your Prayers Proactive Or Reactive?

Another very good one: Thanksgiving.

Get it, Chicken. Keep squawking!

Quote of the week: Friends are like elevators: they take you up, they take you down, or they get you stuck.

Give me the ones who take me up, stretch my thinking, make me a better person. Booooooooo at the other types!

Book Giveaway: I put about 60 names in a Walmart bag on cut up index cards, shook it up real good, pulled three pieces, and through them on the kitchen floor. No accounting firm witnessed this, only the nosy kitty Oscar Tyrone.

60 is a lot... some of those come from my guest post at the House of Serenity.

Winners:

1. Southern Black Gal

2. Believer

3. The LBeezy

Alright Ladies... there are 3 books. Southern, you got first choice. Believer you have 2nd choice. Beezy, you get the final book.

I'm suprised at the outcome. These are all my lifelong readers. WOW.

Well, that's all I have for today. I hope to have a good week. The last couple of weeks have been very good. I hope the same for this one.

I hope the same for you, too...

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:23:00 AM

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ms Joyce!

    **doing the running man** I won a book!

    What were the books again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B'day Auntie!

    Nothing like a good aunt...You're blessed to have her!

    But you know I'm MAD...

    Did you put my name in that Wal-Mart bag?...

    Did You?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:34:00 PM

    Your Auntie is gifted from on high. I've always wanted to paint and think this would be fun to try in my senior years.

    Thanks for the win! I’ll email you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Green Eyed Bandit4:44:00 PM

    Happy Birthday Auntie!

    WHAT......I DID NOT WIN? I want a recount....I mean redraw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the Happy Birthdays. Turning 60, I have not
    quite grasped it yet
    Thanks Lady lee
    Love Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot Damn, I WON!!! I only recall Chele's book and "Write It Down, Make It Happen". If it so happens that I end up with "Write It Down, Make It Happen", then I'd like to donate it back to the House of Ladylee since you have already given this one to me. If I end up with one of the other 2, I shall be as pleased as punch and will happily add it to my library. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Auntie Joyce!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!