Monday, November 02, 2009

Hello Monday...

I tell you... Monday rolls around like clockwork, don't it.

GEEZ.

I need a long string of 4 day weekends. LONG string.

Oh, I had a good and very quiet weekend.

Saturday it rained... Sunday it didn't.

I hung around the house, leaving only to buy groceries. I kept busy around the house, getting a lot done. I don't know, I just love a good weekend where I'm not doing a bunch of ripping and running around. I am glad to just be able to be quiet and recuperate from a long work week...

And now we start the wheel all over again... UGH!

At least there will be NO rain in the ATL this week. The forecast is sunny with a high in the 60s. I don't like the temperatures, but that's better than pouring rain!

NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo. I am doing both: writing a novel in a month and posting every day for 30 days.

Miss Celie is not a fan of NaNo. We had some particularly entertaining text messages about it that made me laugh REAL hard. (You are a nut, Miss Celie!! LOL).

But I'm doing it anyway.

Although the writing a novel in a month thing is a bit odd to me. I'm using it for something totally different. I have a gazillion short stories laying around the house, and I am working on one that is about 40 pages long. I want to simply spend time working on it, and thinking about it. PERIOD.

Plus, Serenity is doing it, and ya'll know how I have to put my shoes and socks on and be of some support to that Oldgirl. She always needs to be properly chaperoned. LOL

Posts of the Week: Serenity wrote a most excellent post concerning our doubts, entitled "His Best" .

And there are two that I've been thinking about all week, from Aretha, my Personal Goals Technologist.

*Aretha squints at screen and hollers "What the hell is LadyLee talking about!!!"*

Hush gal... just keep writing. You are helping me with my goal making techniques... Just keep writing.

Anyway, Aretha offers, from a self-reflective stance, her thoughts on the complex nature of friendships, compassion, and forgiveness in Inward.

Aretha also ponders the dicotomy of forgiveness and trust in a post entitled Forgiveness--Trust.

All of those are good posts, and will have you thinking for awhile.

Mini food for thought: A squirrel was crossing some some railroad tracks, trying his best to beat a fast oncoming train. He made it across the tracks, but not before his tail was cut off by the front wheels of the train.

He didn't keep going, but turned around to examine what happen.

And when he did that, his head was cut off by the wheels of the train.

Point of story: DO NOT lose your head over a piece of tail.

You can take that from an uh, romantic viewpoint.

For I, LadyLee, have lost my mind over a few bruthas...

But if we look deeper, it could mean something more.

DO NOT lose your sanity and peace of mind over things that are just not all that important.

And it's up to you to decide what (and who) is important and what (and who) is not important.

Sometimes that's hard to tell, but with time, you can tell...

Yeah... that was all convoluted, wasn't it.

But I bet it made you think.

Book Giveaways. Those will be announced this week. I have to put the names in a bag and draw. There are 3 books in the drawing. I hope you win one!

I'm going in late to work today. Maybe 30 minutes late at the most. (Is that considered late?) I need to run to the doctor, which is waaay out in the sticks, like going out of town... Then I will go to work.

Driving for long periods of time wears me out. Hopefully, I won't be running like Kizzy today at work. We will see...

With that, I hope you all have a good week. On purpose.

8 comments:

  1. I attempted NaNoWriMo once and failed miserably. But I'll be over here cheering you on. I like the squirrel story ...

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Green Eyed Bandit9:04:00 AM

    The squirrel had me laughing quite loudly. I am glad I did not read that out in public. I would have had all kinds of stares.

    BTW, quit complaining about the sticks. You could have packed a bag and spent the night last night. Then you would been at the Dr's door waiting for her.

    One last thing, pick my name for my book....MAN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this had me laughing, but I thought you were going in a different direction. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor squirrel...

    Good observation though.

    And count me in. On both blogging and novel composition. Support has its advantages: Good input and good output.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:21:00 AM

    LOL @ the squirrel story. True indeed though.

    The thought of posting everyday makes my head hurt. But I'm going to at least post 3-4 times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @ the squirrel I wish you the best Ladylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I'mma say today is hmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:52:00 PM

    Hey Chick! Didn't get back to you but I am working on my outline tonight and will be ready to write the first chap in the morning..:P My weekend was off bc I got nothing productive done! But, I appreciate your neverending support of my goals!

    S23

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!