Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday Love

I love Saturday mornings.

They are very quiet.

Just a thought, lol...

So we are still going strong with the daily posting. I have no real feeling about that, neither here no there. I just really like to write, that's all.

Anyway, not sure what I will write about. It will be the exact same drill as last weekend. My weekends are routine these days.

I think I will do a past week roundup. There was MUCH that I didn't post about. I tell you, if I posted about all the happenings in my life and going ons in my psyche, I'd have to post about 3 or 4 times a day.

That ain't gonna happen, when I only blog in the early mornings or late midnight hour.

Monday. I took half a day off. (Well, not really. Worked from 12:30-7pm. That is MORE than half a day.

Anyway, I needed to get a home repair taken care of. It was something silly really. I dropped an inkpen in the toilet. Back in June. What is this, November? LOL. Anyway, it was stuck, and wouldn't flush right. I finally called the plumber. I figured it would be 200 bucks or so. Well, dude couldn't get the pen out. I had to buy a new toilet, 530 bucks installed. Geez.

All I could think was "That was an expensive ass pen."

Take home lesson: don't take any objects into the bathroom. Not even a book.

Tuesday. I got ready for work, threw my stuff in the car, placed the key in the ignition and commenced to cranking up the car.

Click.

That's all I heard: a click. Turned the lights on, and they faded. Radio wouldn't come on. Tried to crank it again.

Click.

This happened last week, but it cranked up, and I kept it moving. I've seemed to roll all over Georgia after that. But Tuesday morning, it didn't go down. I got out the car, shook the cables, and that didn't work. I went back in the house, called my neighbors and their phones are disconnected. (Don't know what's up with that, and I ain't getting into folks bizness). Walked over there in the pouring rain, but they weren't there. (And I am amazed at the number of cameras they have on their house... they even have one pointed at mine). I called LadyTee, and she dropped by and ran me to the local discount auto store. I bought a battery, and tried to install it myself. that didn't work out. I jumped the battery, but got stuck in the street. I called my bootleg emergency mechanic who's about a mile away. Fussed with him, to which he yelled

"Get down here. Don't turn on NOTHING. Just charge and crank. Don't turn on no lights, no wipers, no radio... NUUUUTHING!!!! Get your tail on down here!"

So there I was standing in the middle of the street in the pouring rain, in a hoodie, charging a battery, thinking to myself, "Please don't let the police drive by!" as it looked as I was stealing a car. I would've hated to break out into a hard run for my own house, lol.

I made it down the road, and had the new battery installed. It was 4:30 in the afternoon by then.

Let's just say I didn't make it to work. Really. I took my old battery back to the store so I'd get my 12 dollar core fee back. There's a bowling alley next to the shop (in the hood... I was shocked). I decided to be nosy, and see what was going on. It looked like a club up in there. Negroes were having a GOOD time. I wanted to say "Can I hang with ya'll??" LOL

I went grocery shopping at the vegan grocery store after that...

I had crisped dulse and oven baked potato fries for dinner.

(I'll let you figure out what dulse is).

Wednesday. An off day, as it was Veterans day. So, I had 2 days off in the middle of the week. Wow.

I was suppose to spend the day with my Auntie. But she had a funeral to attend, my great uncle's wife. I didn't go. Haven't dealt with that side of the family since great grandma died. And that was around the age of 8 or something. Auntie kept up with them, though. And if I can get to the end of the year with no more funerals, I'll be okay with that. Looks like I attend a couple a year... which is too much.

I milled around the house. It was raining cats and dogs. I don't even think I looked out the window.

Thursday. I returned to work. It felt strange. It felt odd to return to the pit of negativity, and and mound of paperwork. I sat down and actually got some things done. Not enough, but some.

Friday. Thursday rewind. Got a few things done, but still behind. Got assigned more work. that's fine: prioritize, and keep it moving. I'm not sure what's up with my boss.

She's hasn't been treating me like dirt, and has acted somewhat cordial for the past 3 weeks. I do better when she is not speaking to me anyway.

"You gotta put them angels on folks, Lee. They'll leave you alone," my BFF LadyTee hollered, and has been hollering for a minute. "Get them angels on folk, man!!!"

I raised an eyebrow at this. Siccing angels on peeps seems a bit gangsta. I'll leave that to her, lol.

But it feels good to be left alone. Simply left alone to my own devices.

I decided to go to church on Friday night. I attend one of the SuperMegas, and rarely go on Sundays (I can catch the intannet stream), but I like Friday evening service because there are only a couple hundred people there. So I can go as is, no problem. I'd prepped a gang of cranberries just before I left work, and red cranberry juice was on my clothes, but so what... I wanted to go to church.

On the way to church, we were all barreling hard down the freeway (like all us nondriving ATLiens tend to do), and traffic just came to a sudden complete stop. I gritted my teeth, and was doing all I could not to open my book of cuss (I am impatient in traffic)...

Turns I rolled up on a horrific accident. It had to have JUST happened a couple of minutes early, as I rolled past a flipped over car.

It horrified me. It gave me pause. I went from hollering "what the heck is going on?" to "Oh my God!"

I turned away from it. I would've lost it if I saw a body.

Not sure if there were fatalities. It just looked pretty bad.

I was running late. My coworker has a sinus problem and the cold air bothers her. For the past 2 evenings, I'd been driving her to her car, as the cold night air brings her a lot of pain.

I've learned not to complain about running late. You never know what you've kept out of. I was waaaay to close to that accident.

It gave me pause. I'm still stuck on pause.

I said a prayer for the person in that car. I went on to church. Heard some good word, much of what I'd been thinking on all week.

I had an uneventful drive home. I went to bed.

And now it's Saturday.

I love Saturday. It's a time to reflect on my week.

And I am thankful for my week, with all it's ups and downs. I truly am.

1 comment:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!