Monday, January 04, 2010

Monday Morning Madness

Good Monday Morning.

Good Monday Morning Madness.

The only reason I say this is because it's bitterly cold in the ATL.

Sunny and 19 degrees.

Just cold!!!

Ugh.

One thing I'm glad about. I don't have to get out there in all that "coldness".

Right now, I'm laid up in bed. The heat is blowing. And I'm under the Polo down comforter. My head is laying on my comfortable down pillows
.
(There's a hole in this comforter. I wake up to many feathers every morning. Sigh).

Thank goodness for the laptop, cuz I don't have to move if I don't want to... I could just lay here all day long.

(Not gonna happen though. I got thangs to do).

My weekend. It went by in a blur. I don't think I did anything on Saturday, just meandered around the house doing the usual chores. I don't like chores.

I started crocheting a baby blanket. I'm looking at it and it's too big, so I may just have to start over. Ms. Blackliterature.com, that blanket would be big enough for you, the new baby, and the toddler to crawl under. HARD SIGH. So I may just have to start over. I'd hate to mail it and Ms. Blackliterature.com be like "What the World????"

LOL

Yesterday was nicer for me. I spent time with my Auntie Joyce. I took her her usual Christmas gifts (an assortment of bottled water, a box of spices, and a small cookbook). I baked my Uncle Sean a batch of cookies. She gave me some house shoes and some body sprays. We had dinner and watched movies. (Star Trek and The Proposal).

Afterwards, I swung by my work cubicle mate's house, the Cowgirl Cre. Her big sis, Sista Cre, who just had a nasty bout of pneumonia, was in town from Cali. I am suprised she made the trip.

I walked up in there hollering, "I came to see the sick and shut-in!!"

(Even though she's better now and clearly "running the streets", lol).

I also yelled "It's Amber Rose, Kanye's girlfriend!!!, when I saw her short platinum blond hairdo!!

LOL!!!

(I am such a crackup).

Cowgirl Cre is my crochet mentor. I needed her advice on Ms.Blackliterature.com's baby blanket. She too thought it was too large.

"That's more than a notion, LadyLee," she said.

So, I guess I will ge starting over.

*Lee throws self out of window*

But I had fun doing all of my Christmas visiting... in early January. Fun, Fun, FUN!

Have a safe trip home today, Sista Cre... it was good to see ya!

Today. Today is my last day off. I go back to work tomorrow. I'm trying to straighten out my feelings on all that. Hopefully it will be a good day. But I'ma let tommorow be tomorrow. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

I have a bit of writing to do today. I may make a short trip up to the vegan grocery store. I'm jacked up when it comes to the post office, so I need to get that out the way today, as there are wrapped packages sitting on the table. (Ugh!! That is something I plan to get better about in the new year. I hate the post office, as their is always some MESS going down when I am up in there! I think I found one nice place, but I have to drive to the southside for that nice experience).

So that's all I have to say for this morning. I'm still continuing with the "40 by 40".

Are you enjoying that?

It's a bit more spiritual driven than I expected. Afterall, that is like, 90% of what I think about on a daily basis. 'Tis rare to get inside my head like that.

I tell you one thing. I'm treating it as private convos with myself, and interestingly, I've made some choices and plans surrounding some of my own notes to myself.

I found that I have to insert some regular posts up in here too, just to have some balance. I do like my smurfy side, you know. lol

Well, the saga continues. Post 7 should be up sometime later today.

I find that I have to sit down and organize what goes up on what day, because many of the posts can be grouped together. I find this development of various themes mighty interesting.

Happy Birthday! My baby blog sista, Serenity23, had a birthday on yesterday!

Happy 32nd Birthday, Gal!

I'm cooling it with the Birthday dedications this year. Ya'll can look at your past birthday dedications and relive those.

We spent quite a bit of time texting yesterday... I've known her since she was 27, and I have commented on how much she has grown up since then. She was a deranged chickenhead back then, but now she's just a "Chicken" (my pet name for her).

I also told her that she was an incredible asset to my life, and I have learned much from her. I've grown much as a person because of her friendship.

She'll forever be close to my heart, as she was one of the primary people to rush in and pick my wailing tail up off the floor back in September. She's held my hand, and helped me get myself back together, back hopeful, and refocused.

That's what I call an incredible asset.

A shining example of what I hope to be to my friends.

She said I was getting all mushy. This is impossible, as I ain't touchy feely.

I'm a hardcore Oldgirl! LOL.

But I love you, Gal!!!

*Lee gives S a big intannet hug*

You's good peoples. You scratches out my head when I was ailing!

You alright with me, gal!!

Keep learning. Keep growing. Keep writing.

Keep being who you are...

Well, It's after 9, and I need to get out of this bed and get my day started.

This is the first workweek of the year. Ya'll make it a good one.

On purpose...

8 comments:

  1. 19 degrees? Sounds like VA weather. It's only going to get up to 35 today. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chele... and to look out the window at all the sunshine... it looks like a nice 90 degree day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:21:00 AM

    It's suppose to be below freezing all week here. Plus it's snowing today and will be getting worse as the week goes by.

    And yes I am enjoying the 40 by 40 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying the posts. They make me go sit and think for myself as well. And not going to comment about mushy and hugging! You know I don't hug nobody but kids! LMAO. I'm happy that I am your friend. People come and go in your life, but it's great to know that you can add to someone's life and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying these deep thought provoking posts. Sometimes I am learning something new, other times what I already know is being reinforced to knock the regret, fear and/or hesitation out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Southern Black Gal...I am mailing your package TODAY. I just wrote your address on the package. There's a little something in there for your baby, too. I think he will like it.

    Girl, if it snowed in the ATL, this city would be SHUT DOWN. Period. Snow is like kryptonite for us. It is cold, but thank the lawd it aint raining. Ice shuts us down too.

    @All... glad you are enjoying the posts. I tell you, they are setting my head straight. It is difficult for me to sit down and critically examine what makes me tick, but well worth it. I've already determined some things I need to be mindful of in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why are you fronting like you're not mushy?? LOL

    ::knowing all the lurkers and commenters see right through your mushy facade:::

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be cold errywhere..it's cold here too...a freeze warning in effect for tonight.
    I thought this was the south...where's the heat?!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!