Thursday, January 14, 2010

(Dedicated to that Oldgirl Chele)

That doggone Original Oldgirl Ladylee...

That girl know she can cook!!!

One nice spring afternoon, she had a little get-together for a few of the bloggers over to her house.

Just a little sumthin', sumthin'.

"Are you going to cook anything?" Serenity asked.

"Whatchu talkin' 'bout S23... I'ma cook it down, gal!" LadyLee said.

"I got the fried fish!"





"You know I don't like fried fish, LadyLee," Serenity said.

LadyLee nodded. "Yeah, you the only sista on the planet who don't like fried fish."

"But I do have the barbeque chicken and ribs!"





Serenity smiled hard like Miss Celie.

"LadyLee," Hassan said. "Uh, you know I don't partake of the swine."

"That's cool, big bruh. I got the grilled shrimps and the grilled crabs. Just for you!"







"And I got that good Tequila Lime Chicken." (courtesy Blogger Darius Everydaycookin.com)

"I like that, LadyLee," The Lbeezy said. She tied her Souljah girl bandana around her head. "I'll have a plate of that right there."

Ladylee opened the cabinet and grabbed a stack of plates. She handed them to LBeezy."You can have whatever you want, girl! There's plenty for all."

"LadyLee?"

"What is it, Hassan?"

"You know Chele likes fried chicken."

LadyLee looked over at the stove. "Dude, don't you see that chicken frying on the stove?"


"Oh, my bad," he said.

"Yeah. You know I got my girl Chele covered. And that chicken'll be ready by the time she get here."

LadyLee put a pan of cornbread in the stove. "Speaking of Chele, has anyone seen her?"

Everyone shook their heads. A chorus of murmered "No's" filled the room.

"Well, I told her to stop by the store and pick me up some toothpicks. She'll probably be along soon."

Just then there was a commotion outside. Car tires screeched. A car door slammed so hard that the car window broke.

Everyone in the House of LadyLee ran to the window.

"It's Chele!" Diva in Demand yelled. "And she's beating someone down."

Everyone in the House of LadyLee ran outside.

"Chele, what are you doing?" LadyLee yelled.

"I'm kicking FEAR's behind!" she yelled. She threw a hard left punch.

"We have to go help her," everyone yelled in what felt like one big united voice.

"Na'wl," LadyLee said. "Na'wl, let Chele handle her business. This is something she have to do for herself."

Everyone continued to stand around and watch the beat down.

"Chele," LadyLee said. "Come on in the house, now. You've beat up on FEAR enough. Time to eat."

"I am not afraid!" Chele yelled.

"Yes, we know you're not afraid, honey. We know. Come on in the house."

"I saw FEAR walking up the street towards me, and I had to get him!" Chele threw a right hook. "I am NOT afraid!"

"We know that Chele."

The Lbeezy took off her Souljah rag, ran up on the fight and started beating FEAR with the rag.

"Beezy! Get back over here."

"I had to get some licks in, too!" Beezy yelled.

Everyone continued to watch the beatdown.

"I AM NOT AFRAID!" Chele yelled.

LadyLee looked at her watch. "I'm not sure how long she's gonna be. I'm going back in the house to take the chicken out the grease. I don't want it to burn."

No one said a word.

"Ya'll just leave her alone. Let her work it all out."

LadyLee went back into the house.

LadyLee came back out a few minutes later. Everyone was in on the beatdown.

"I told ya'll not to bother her."

"We had to get in on it!" everyone yelled.

LadyLee looked down at the skillet of hot grease in her hand. She'd just finished frying up all the chicken.

Might as well get in on it too, she thought.

Hmmm...

Alright... that was a cheesy story.

Just a bootleg thrown together story for you all. It continued, got a little rambunctious. Chele threw my beloved toothpicks at FEAR. In addition to my skillet of hot grease, I think I brought out a glock or a shotgun. (You know how violent I tend to get).

But I shortened it...

And in the process, I made you hungry, didn't I?

LOL... Thought I would feed you all this good Thursday morning!

You know, I am so encouraged by Chele's battle with fear. I get so much from her posts concerning such, as she has been quite candid about her thoughts...

And I know if FEAR was a person, and just so happened to walk around a corner right about now, Chele would commence to beating him down... with her fists, her purse, and her high heel shoes.

And I have learned from her that whatever issue I am tackling, I have to get mighty violent and aggressive about it. I mean, really get serious about it. Chele is over there reading books on handling fear, giving her thoughts on it, meditating, thinking about it.

Soon, we'll be calling that Oldgirl a "Faith Giant".

Yeah. That's what's hot.

So thanks, Chele, for being honest about your issues with FEAR.

As it has allowed me to be still and examine my own issues with FEAR.

Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. Cheesy indeed. But I like the way you described the fight. Because that's what it is. A fight. I can be on my way to a nice night out and it will sneak up on me, for real. Fear is one hell of an opponent. But ...

    I AM NOT AFRAID.

    Now I have to go download that Tequila Lime Chicken recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it. You go Chele, kicking fear's butt one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:49:00 PM

    LOL I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was nuts! Made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a good one...kicking the heck out of fear. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!