Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Morning...

Ah yes...

Another Monday Morning...

Just a quick check in here. I only want to write for 20 minutes. And I am wondering if that is possible.

It is STILL cold in the ATL... a frosty 18 degrees.

I don't like this at all!

(I may have to go buy a coat. GASP!)

We actually had some snow on Thursday.

Which meant the city was covered in black ice on Friday.

Which meant a 3 day weekend for me! There was no way I was going to be trying to get to work, slippin' and slidin' on black ice. I don't care if I work 4.6 miles from work. ATL is hilly!

I got absolutely nothing done that day. Sigh. Just laid up in the bed 'til 3 in the afternoon.

But my weekend was a little better.

My weekend. So I woke up on Saturday morning and planned my day. The only thing I had to do was catch a finance meeting at 2 in the afternoon.

I got a call at 9:35 a.m. from the Green Eyed Bandit.

"Uh, you gonna make your meeting?"
"What?"
"Meeting's at 10."
"WHAT?"
"10 o' clock!"
"I ain't coming. I thought it was at 2."

She commenced to fussing at me. I agreed to get there VERY late. I got there around 11:30.

Man, I tell you, I was upset with myself. Just so disappointed. I was looking forward to the first meeting of the year. I was gonna sit down for an hour that morning and write out the financial goals I had on my mind. I was gonna iron out my January and February budget.

And here I was, had to show up at a meeting unprepared.

UGH!

I walked in the door kicking rocks. I REFUSED to answer any questions concerning goals and what not.

But you know what? That was a good meeting. It felt good to hear everyone's words.

I am now motivated.

Nothing much else happened this weekend. I didn't do something that I was suppose to do, as it slipped my mind. I'll get it done next weekend.

It all reminds me that it's time for me to start keeping a schedule in my phone or something. Sigh.

I got a little writing done, though. I'd been dabbling around with a couple of chapters of a novella/short story thingy I've been working on. I actually completed and edited three chapters. I am happy about that!!

So that's it for my quick little update. Nothing earth shattering to report.

I hope this week will be a decent week at work. Last week was pretty good. This week we're having some new equipment installed. I told my boss to make sure the people give us some training and set things up right. I'm suppose to set things up, and train, and frankly, that's not going to work out, with me trying to do my other work at the same time. My boss doesn't allot for time to do everything, and I think she has figured out that I stopped stretching myself a long time ago and I don't care to start stretching ever again. So hopefully that will all work out.

I'm about 2 weeks into the food-for-thought bonanza and blowout, and I must tell you, it is giving me much insight into my psyche, and giving me MUCH to think about. MUCH. Thanks for all the comments and such. They have been very helpful and thought provoking.

Keep commenting, because there are prizes up for grabs. Top commentor gets top prize, and for some reason, The Green Eyed Bandit is on some type of rampage to catch that. She has no idea what it is. It might be a sack of cookies. (I don't think she cares. She likes my cookies.)

It's a hell of a way to jump out of lurk status. She'd usually read something and send me an email or call me. She is jumping completely out of character now, lol.

So the food for thoughts are going to continue. I think I have 27 posts left. Sounds like a lot, but I'll blow through that. I think we're about to take a walk over on the dark side. I'm trying to keep it comfortable, but uh... we'll see how it works out.

So, I hope you all brave the cold and have a nice week!

On purpose.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:00:00 AM

    LOL @ Green Eyed Bandit. She want to win!

    I love my schedule thingy on my Blackberry. My short term memory is not that good.

    Have a good week, Lee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about the prizes!!!!

    Rats. Your cookies are good enought to solicit comments several times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Green Eyed Bandit10:43:00 AM

    Hey Hey Hey! Stop all that commenting! The only way I can win is if you all remain in lurkville. Lee refuses to pull my name out of a hat, box, or whatever she uses. So I have to take matters in my own hands...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH BE QUIET, BANDIT!

    @Blackliterature.com- I'm giving away several cookie prizes. Those names will be pulled out of a hat.

    My problem has been finding boxes and what-not to mail stuff. I was in the post office today, and found that the boxes that are flat rate will work better. This will help in my goal of not being so hardheaded when it comes to mailing stuff.

    But cookies are a low level prize. Anyone who comments is eligible for that. 1st place winner wins grand prize. 2nd place wins a 40 dollar gift card... So keep commenting. (Don't let Bandit win!!).

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dark side? I thought we were already there.

    Just kidding. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CHELE GOT JOKES!

    HA HA!

    *Lee falls out of cubicle because she's laughing so hard*

    *Lee gives Chele the evil eye squint*


    I'ma keep it neutral. This bearing my heart thing is... something else. We'll keep it none-smurfy. That's dark enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving these food for thought posts. They are taking my mind to a place that it has needed to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really think I'm mad that you live some place where you don't HAVE to own a coat. Yeah......I'm mad. And had I known some cookies might be up for grabs I woulda commented before now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Diva in Demand...

    I need a coat. It's just that I'm not outside long enough for it to matter where I have one on or not.

    You know I'm STILL trippin' on you and your boy coming down to my JOB and getting a few dozen cookies from me. That was some CRAZINESS! LOL!!!

    You've kicked in 3 comments so far, I believe. Your name goes in the hat 3 times for cookies. That's how that works! So you are in the running for a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops, I forgot about the comment award but trust me your 40 for 40 list is amazing and has given me lots to think about and has blessed me immensely.

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!