Friday, April 14, 2017

FriDay FReEsTyleS

It is FRIDAY!!

GOOD FRIDAY to be exact.

And very few people were at work today.

And the traffic?  OH HOW WONDERFUL THE TRAFFIC WAS!

I got to work in 10 minutes flat. That is all.

I am not a big celebrator of most holidays, including Easter. I will not be baking a ham, nor will I be dipping any eggs in bowls of food coloring. (I only buy brown cage free eggs. I wonder if I can color those... never mind).

However I do ponder Easter. On a daily basis, if that makes any sense.

I have much writing to do. I don't go to church on Sunday, but I may go on Saturday night. We shall see!

Hard shift into other news.

I was waiting for that new Kendrick CD to come out.



And it did.

This was me this morning while getting ready for work.

Yes, that was me.



I like the CD. I need to sit with it for another week to completely understand it, as I did with his other albums. There is an interesting amount of religious reference here, which he said would be the case, since people rarely talk about God. So I saw much of that. And I need to sit with it for awhile.

But there are some cuts that I immediately like. And if I like 3 or 4 songs immediately, that makes it  a GOOD CD. But this was a LOT to digest. (And that is a good thing).

This has been a quiet, slow week. I had my first meeting with my new supervisor. I was a little concerned about that, as I didn't know what to think. But it went surprisingly well. It was a good chit-chat, and I am gunning for a new project I would like to work on, and he gave good suggestions.

A couple of people in the building, some managers, didn't know I'd been switched out.

My response has always been...

"I don't care who my supervisor is. Can he or she go in the system and hit the buttons to approve my time card so that I can get paid? That is ALL I care about. My money."

Really though.

And both of the supervisors in my group offer good wisdom. Let that be the icing on the paycheck check.

That is all. Not gonna stress about it. Nerp. 

Do I have a Song of the Day?  Not sure... let me look through my playlist

*flipping through playlist*

I am working on a love story for one of my coworkers. She gave me a fascinating idea. I didn't like it at first, but I have found that I can work on it. And I am enjoying writing it.

And it brought to mind this song.  "Superman" by Chico Debarge.



That came out some 20 years ago, I believe. Good song. And very helpful for what I am writing right now.

That is it for freestyles!

I am enjoying  this posting EVERY single day in April. I think I'm at about the halfway point.

OH JOY!

Have a great weekend!

On purpose...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!