Sunday, April 09, 2017

Last Weeks's Lunches

So I had some interesting lunches last week. I need to overload my life with fruits and vegetables right now. Hopefully by the end of April, I will be back in my subconscious fruit and veggie groove. We will see.

I had a bunch of strange salads.

That salad was good, but it was too big. I was whining hard about it being the bottomless salad bowl. It took me 45 minutes to eat it. I was full as a tick afterwards, and I needed a nap.

Now I am big on my fruit. Usually I will cut up a whole pear and a whole apple. Then it's whatever after that. This week I had pineapple, grapes and honeydew. And it will probably be the same this week.
So my cubicle buddy Lady Sharbucks bought me some spaghetti squash in tomato sauce.
I like sphagetti squash, but I don't like fighting with it. Too much work. I could have some spaghetti or some zuchinni noodles without the fight.

It was great, and it's the second time she has bought me some. But it was missing one thing:
Chili pepper flakes!

That set it off! Glory!

Then I had some red pepper sweet potato soup.
I bought that at a gourmet grocer I like, the Mercantile Market, down in Candler Park.

Good stuff. Not sure who on earth thought to put those two flavors together, but it was a great idea. A gourmet chef owns that spot. That soup tastes like it was the idea of someone who went to culinary school.

Really tho.

That is my lunch review for last week. I am wondering how this week will go?

Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!