At the House of LadyLee... We like to keep it smurfy!
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Saturday Night 7
7 Things! On a Saturday! So here we go.
1. This has been a decent enough day, even though I didn't get my day going well until after 1:00 pm. Shame on me for staying in bed all morning.
2. Once I did get up, I got dressed and decided to drive Pam.
She has been sitting in the back of the driveway under a tree. I haven't really driven her since January. She was covered in sticky pollen.
3. I rarely drive her, which is a shame. She was filthy as all get out, so I took her to the car wash. A good vacuum and wash and she looks halfway presentable.
4. Pam was in desperate need of windshield wipers. I bought her some at the local auto store. I gave the person who installed them a $5 tip.
He said, "You didn't have to do that."
"Yes I did," I replied. "I'm a girl, and I don't know how to change windshield wipers nor do I care to learn."
5. While in that particular pseudo-gentrified neighborhood, I joined a gym I'd been eyeing since October.
Geez. Ain't it just about to be MAY? Ugh.
6. So I left the car wash, I tried to go to the Curb Market. Not a big deal, as I could jump through the hippie district, i.e., Little Five Points, skirt through the gentrified Inman park area and be there in about 10 minutes flat.
There was a big Inman Park festival. I only remembered when I got tied up in the INSANE traffic in that neighborhood. I was stuck in traffic for 45 minutes. I was just trying to get some 3 miles away. UGH.
I ain't never seen that many white folks out and about in my life. WOW.
7. I ended up going to the Whole Foods instead. Please remind me not to do any grocery shopping on a Saturday. NO.
8. So right now, I am watching The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu.
And I'm not even sure what the world is going on. I have to go look up some analysis or something.
Or I may just have to sit this one out. It's enough to give me nightmares.
That is it for Saturday 7.
This Saturday was a day rife with high class problems.
And that is fine by me... and I am thankful for that.