Thursday, April 13, 2017

Something New is Coming... Damn

So everyone is EAGERLY anticipating the new Kendrick Lamar CD, which supposedly drops on April 14.

A couple of days ago, the CD art work and cover.

*crickets*

The title is Damn. I don't know what to make of that. Kendrick looks like he just got off the bus.

The way he is looking on this CD cover...

I tell you one doggone thing...

This best not be no TRAP album. Ugh.

I don't care for trap music. After three songs I am exhausted and in need of a bible scripture.  I'm just saying.


The track listing came out also.


Odd.

People are treating the letters in the white part of the track listing like letters on the Soul Train Scamble board. That didn't even cross my mind (and the soul train scramble board was one of my favorite Soul Train segments). Folks actually came up with some phrases. I am sure he will explain all this.

I have no idea how he will top Good Kid M.a.a.d City or To Pimp a Butterfly. And I won't be disappointed if he doesn't.

I just hope it is available across all streaming platforms. I have Spotify and Tidal.

I don't have Apple, tho. I had it in the past, but I didn't listen to it much.

I would hate to have to steal somebody's I-phone to hear this CD. That would not be a good look.

With that said, I will play my favorite Kendrick performance. I will never forget it. I was knocked out sleep with the tv on, and Saturday Night Live had come on. His performance woke me slam up out of my sleep.

It had me wondering... Who this little black boy?

LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!