Monday, April 03, 2017

The Big Orange Monster

Every weekday morning, a big orange monster stands in front of my house and growls like crazy.


Well, it's not exactly a monster. But by the way Sister Callie Jo acts, you would think it is.

This monster, this big orange school bus, began stopping in front of my house a couple of months ago. Callie gets all riled up, so I think it is the most exciting part of her day.

I have sat at the window at 7:30 am when the bus comes. Callie and I watch to see who is getting picked up.

But no one gets on the bus.

And no one gets off the bus.

Hmm. Not sure what that's about.

I will only assume that the bus driver is taking a much needed break before she picks up the school kids. Maybe she doesn't want to arrive at the next stop too early.

I wonder if the bus driver would stop in front of my house if he or she knew how Callie would get all excited, ready to attack?

Maybe they will. Maybe they won't.

All I know is that the bus needs a tune up or a new muffler because it is too early in the morning for all that noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!