Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday Freestyles

Friday!!

Baby!!!

It's Friiiiiiiday!!

GLORY!

The only thing that would make it better is if it was a Payday. It is not. Sigh.

As you can tell I am quite glad about today. Why? Because I've been working like a Hebrew slave. So I am happy for a break. I wouldn't be surprised if I have to work on Saturday. But I will not if I can help it. I worked 11 hours on Wednesday. Just for that, they won't be seeing me on the Weekend.

It is bone chilling COLD in my beloved ATL. At least it has been sunny for the past couple of days. Earlier in the week it was cold and rainy. That ain't cute at all. That is too much going on. I must say, even though it is cold, I am enjoying the sunshine.

We had our group Christmas party this week. Only half of the group participated, since it was $20 a person. I've been picking on Cowgirl Cre, telling her "You weren't suppose to go. You missed the memo!"

Christmas party season at work is always totally wack. I refuse to participate in anything in my area because it is so "clique-driven". Certain people aren't allowed to participate in potlucks because they are considered nasty, etc... silly stuff like that. If you think that about a person, then don't eat what they cook.  Just a bunch of mess, man. I barely talk to folks in the first place. No way I'm getting caught up in a bunch of mess. And what's sad is that the "non-clique" or unliked folks know that it is a bunch of mess. Sad to talk to folks about that. It is bad when people's feelings get hurt. Oh well.

But the $20 was considered too much to pay. Interestingly, everybody got at least 2 or 3 meals out of it (I had a big foiled-wrapped leftover plate for lunch today). So I figured I spend eight to ten dollars if I go to lunch anyway. Might as well spend it on some good soul food.

It was a decent event once everybody warmed up. It was interesting to see management dance. I took a picture and was scolded about putting it up on my blog. I told them I wouldn't do that. And I won't.

But I will put up a pic of the food. I didn't get good pics, as I thought about it after the fact. But it was all good: turkey, chicken, cornbread dressing, yams, collard greens, green beans cornbread, and rolls and sweet tea and lemonade.







There was even a DJ. He had a strobe light thing going on.


I tell you, your friendly neighborhood Oldgirl had the ITIS.  I was ready for a nap. If I could've gone back in the lab and made myself a pallet on the floor I sure would have.  And I would've slept well.

So that was the excitement for the week. I had a good time. A break from work indeed.

Anyway, that is it for the week.  I am all tuckered out. Gonna make the best of this Friday so I can relax this weekend. Oscar-Tyrone has a doctor's appointment on Saturday morning, and that is about as exciting as it is going to get. Hopefully his vet will give me something to help with his constipation issues. I am not all that excited about getting up and pureeing peas, beans or pumpkin to mix in with his food. I need this lil' ol' man to go back on dry food!

But that's it. I need a Song of the Week. How about a two-for-one special:

An old Gap Band remake, "I'm in Love" by Mary J. Blige




"Beautiful" by Mary J Blige





Alright now. You have a good weekend. On purpose!

1 comment:

  1. My department's holiday luncheon is next Friday. We're going out -- if it was a potluck I would not participate. I still may not -- I hardly say boo to these folks so the thought of spending 2 hours at a restaurant with them is not exactly thrilling to me. Anyway, hope you have a good, restful weekend.!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!