At the House of LadyLee... We like to keep it smurfy!
Saturday, December 14, 2013
Saturday 7... The Oscar-Tyrone Edition
1. It rained this morning. And it is nice when it rains on a Saturday Morning. But it wasn't nice that I had to get out in the rain. It wasn't very cold and there wasn't very much traffic. So that was a good thing.
2. Why did I get out in the rain at 8:45 this morning? To take Oscar-Tyrone to the vet out on the Eaaaastsiiiiide. He had a 9:20 appointment.
3. It was a good drive, since virtually no one was out.
4. I may have been in the car at 8:45, but I didn't leave until 8:57. Why? Couldn't find my cell phone. I finally saw that it had fell out of my purse and was laying on the backseat. Sigh.
5. I bought Oscar a new carrier, which was much to small for him. He screamed and hollered all the way to the vet office.
6, He was shellshocked into silence when we walked into the vet office. Maybe he remembers the place. Not one yell, not one meow. Even when the vet assistant took him back somewhere for his bloodwork. Quiet as a mouse, he was.
7. Did I mentioned he was shell shocked? This is what shell shocked looks like:
Every time he heard a dog bark he was O_O.
Yes, he was a basket case.
Bonus: He seems to be doing okay. He is a tad bit dehydrated. The bloodwork and urine, which is part of the annual exam, will tell much. He has maintained his weight pretty much over the last year, only losing 0.3 pounds. I told the vet he had some constipation issues, and that I have to mix beans, peas, and pumpkin with his food and plenty of water for him to eat. She said that he is having issues that most older cats have (he is 16).
So hopefully the Oldcat will be okay. If he needs more extensive help, I'm not going to be able to do it. It is much too expensive. He is running around playful and eating well. And that is a good thing.