Wednesday, December 04, 2013

LadyLee Favorites: Ice Cream

I really love ice cream.

But I don't eat much of it because it gives me serious mucus issues. And that is putting it mildly. Anything over a scoop is a problem. I hope I'm not becoming lactose intolerant. I like good ice cream, so I just have to deal. I like ice creams made form cashews, coconut, or almonds. But I still love dairy ice cream. Sigh.

So as a result, I don't mind paying good money for expensive locally made small batch ice creams.

One of my favorites is Bourbon pecan ice cream.


It's not the butter pecan ice cream of your childhood, honey.

It's made with a little bourbon. That makes it ice cream for Grown Folks.

LOL

This is a locally made ice cream. And it retails at $6.99 a pint, which is the going rate for such specialty ice creams.

It has that bourbon in it. It is definitely not enough to make me walk sideways or fall flat on my face, but I can a taste a slight slight hint of it.

And it is quite tasty.

I'm not sure I would buy it if there's a bunch of folk living in the house. It's the type of ice cream that would get gone... real fast. If I bought it, I would have to hide it way in the back of the freezer where no one could find it.

I don't have those issues. It takes me 2-3 weeks to get through a pint of ice cream.

So that's one of my favorite ice cream...

What's your favorite ice cream?

11 comments:

  1. Strawberry!!! Hands down! Then butter pecan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...hey Lee! I read this blog erryday but i can't post from my phone b/c of the verification thingamajig. Nevertheless, keep em coming.

    Not sure why but your cat, Oscar Tyrone, is funny to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oscar is really working his nerves. I have to get up and mix up his food every morning. He is a little old man now. Sigh.

      Delete
  3. unityfalls11:21:00 AM

    Rockyroad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had that before, but not in the last 20 years. It has a whole lot going on!

      Delete
  4. Blue bell - butter pecan.. But I also like cookies n cream, red velvet cake and anything with pralines in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that blue bell homemade vanilla is really good.

      I am leary of anything that is very very red. Especiall red velvet cake. Now they have ice cream... hmmm

      I use to love Briers butter pecan when I was little. That is my mother's favorite.

      Delete
  5. My favorite ice cream isn't ice cream at all. It's Yoplait Honey Caramel Greek Frozen Yogurt, low fat of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When in the world did Yoplait start making frozen yogurt??? They know they do a lot of advertising, but they have been queit about that.

      Delete
  6. I don't eat ice cream much. When I do I love Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ shai... Ben and Jerry's had a specialty flavor years ago that I like some 15-20 years ago called "Wavy Gravy".

      I like their Cherry Garcia Frozen Yogurt and the Chocalate brownie one too.

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!