At the House of LadyLee... We like to keep it smurfy!
Saturday, December 28, 2013
Here we go again with another Saturday 7!
1. It was dreary this morning, and rain was in the forecast. They even issued a flash flood watch for 1:00 pm today. This didn't matter, as it is a Saturday. I could just lay in my bed and sleep the day away, right? Wrong.
2. I couldn't sleep the day away because I had a haircut appointment at 2:00 pm. So much for staying out of the rain.
3. My last haircut was in September... so I really needed to go, even though my hair only grew less than half an inch. It was sho nuff... kinky. It was either get it all cut off or slap a perm in it.
4. To make things worse, Aunt Flo is here. And you know how I am during that time. I am like the women of the bible: pitch a tent for me on the outskirts of the city and let me just sit there in solitude. That means I just want to be alone and sleep. But I couldn't do that when I needed this haircut.
5. I always have grand plans for weekend chores. They are grand indeed. But I didn't get much done today. I cleaned up the kitchen and I managed to wash clothes. I kept laying back down.
6. My writing workshop facilitator Dawn called talking about a workshop tomorrow. After my whining about how Aunt Flo is here and I want to lay down somewhere, I agreed to a workshop tomorrow. I went by the Whole Foods for some fruit for the ladies. She wanted me to pick up some strange biscotti cookies or crackers. I didn't see them. I guess I will be baking cookies tomorrow. Sigh.
7. Hair appointment went well. I look cute, and I feel free. And my barber Mr. Soho didn't give me that hard of a time. However, he doesn't like when I frown up while he's cutting. He kept saying "Stop it!". My frowning is not my fault. That razor sounds like a dentist's drill. My dentist says "Stop it!" also. I wonder if they know each other. LOL
That's it for Saturday 7. Nice easy day... and that's the way I like 'em.