Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Unexpected Surprises


I arrived at work one morning last week and I found a gift sitting on my desk.


Oh my!

I was surprised. I never expect anything from anyone, especially during the holidays. This comes with not being apart of any of the workplace cliques (on purpose) and what-not. So I usually watch the festivities going on around me and not think much of it. I don't have any sense of entitlement or whatever. It's all good.

But this green tissue paper wrapped gift sitting on my desk that morning meant something. It was totally unexpected. It was such a surprise that someone thought of me.  I was truly thankful. Heck, I didn't even want to open it.

And this gift came from Lady S, the same coworker who breaks out the "interesting" decorations for Halloween. (I always say I'm going to put a bible scripture on her desk during these times, lol).

She also gets a bit festive during Christmas.  Her desk is decorated with a plethora of wrapped gifts. I have even been taking candy over there at times to spread in with her decoration candy.


And yes, that is my gift on her desk there. I wanted to take a picture of it among her decorations.

It was a bottle of Voss Water. Good clean Norwegian water in glass.

A week prior, she heard me talking about how good water in glass tastes.  They were looking at me crazy when I was talking about it. But water from a glass bottle tastes MUCH cleaner than water from a plastic bottle. MUCH.

So she said when she saw that bottle of Voss, she thought of me.

And Voss happens to be my favorite brand of glass bottled water. I rarely buy it, as it is difficult to find it in glass (and it is a bit expensive).

"This is Voss," I said to Lady S' cubicle mate, Supersonic Sushi. "It is from the top of the world, from Norway. Good CLEAN water."

Supersonic Sushi said nothing. She just peered at me curiously.

So I appreciated the gift. I haven't opened it. We are going to share it, so I can prove to them that water in glass is the best water of all.

I wonder if they will agree?

It doesn't matter. I am just thankful for the gift, and being able to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!