Sunday, December 08, 2013

Simply Sunday


Alas... the weekend has sadly come to an end.

Aww...

And a decent weekend it was.

A cold and rainy one here in the ATL.

And it's not that pouring down type of rain. It's that nasty drizzly stuff. I didn't even really need an umbrella. That drizzly stuff gets in my face anyway.

I will take this over whatever is going on out in Texas. They are having an ice storm or something. I hope they thaw out soon. It looks crazy on the News.

Today is Sunday, and I didn't have much of anything planned. When it is cold and rainy, I can't say that I care to be out ripping and running around in it. I don't want to catch cold. That would be pretty bad.

I only ventured out to go to my friend Dawn's house. She lives out on the Westside, some 20 minutes away from me. She has been wanting to learn how to crochet that blanket I like to make so much, the one with all the little squares.

That takes time and patience, especially when just learning the pattern. I copied the pattern and wrote it out step by step. I was hoping that once we went over it a couple of times, she would get the hang of it. And she did.

The problem is that she is working with some fine baby type yarn. I don't have the patience for that. She seems to have it, and that's a good thing.

She did well on her squares.

They look like little circles, but they are squares.

Only 200 or 300 to go. I hope she sticks it out. She's not going to use the purple yarn. That is for practice. But she is using something similar.

I've never made a baby blanket version of the blanket. But it was good to think about how to scale it down to infant size.  I plan to make one next year. We figured out that we just have to use a smaller crochet needle. That is good to know.

All and all, it was a good time. I was there for a good 3 hours. Felt like half an hour.

I am always glad to teach someone to crochet, just like my cubicle mate the Cowgirl Cre taught me.

That was a very nice completion to my weekend.  I am always thankful for happy endings.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:55:00 AM

    *Wishing LadyLee would offer to teach me to crochet*

    I love your blankets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disco Diva you been hollering for awhile about me teaching you to crochet. I told you we could meet up somewhere! It ain't nothing but a thing. I will even bring you some yarn and a needle, girl!

      LOL

      Delete
    2. Anonymous5:18:00 PM

      Really? How did I miss that? Can you email me at amieet@yahoo.com?

      Delete
  2. I sure wish I was in ATL so you could teach me. I have tried but nothing ever comes of it. I like the motion of doing something with my hands. It is so soothing. *lurks back into the shadows*

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Waves from Texas* I spent my vacation inside...It was cold & icy.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!