Saturday, December 07, 2013

Friday Nite Lites

Not sure why on earth I said I would blog everyday.

Because I have NO idea what I should blog about tonight.

A couple of friends have given me some interesting suggestions.  And they have either been too hard, or something I have to spend time thinking about.

So of course, it will just be a randoms freestyle of what's on my mind.

1.  I had a very interesting conversation with someone today... unexpectantly. I actually have more than my share of those. Those are the best conversations anyway because of their impromptu nature.  And it makes me wonder why people choose to talk to me about things.  I mean, I'm not a part of any popular crews, and I don't have much of an opinion about things.

Someone told me that I have good counselor skills. I don't think I do. I am very good at encouraging people, though.

And let's say this: 99% of what folks tell me, I've already done did it.

So how can I be judgmental?

I can't.

I can only offer a listening ear.

And much of that was born out of personal pain. As a child, I was shut down so bad. I wasn't allowed to have an opinion. If I did, I'd better keep it to myself. And if I did say something, that wasn't good. It would be used against me at some future time. Or blabbed to the rest of the family... with added stuff to make it more interesting.

Sigh.

So I don't mind listening. We don't have many impartial people in our lives. I know I don't. So when you do find them, it is important.

So I appreciated that convo today.

2. My happiest moment this week was coming to work and finding a nicely wrapped gift on my desk. I will post it next week.

I didn't want to open. Why? Because I don't remember the last time I got a wrapped gift. As you know, I am not big on Christmas and what not. And heck, I probably got a wrapped gift in recently and I just can't remember.

But I rarely wrap Christmas gifts. I don't get into the whole Christmas hoopla. The end of the year is my time for self-reflection, and just thinking about the year and what has changed and what has remained the same (fortunately or unfortunately).

But the gift meant much to me. And it was something simple that I really really like. I think it meant much that someone was standing there listening to me glean wistfully about something I really like and they went and bought it. So unexpected. And it meant something during this time when I don't have all these big Christmas plans or anticipations of plans.

3. My saddest moment of the week was the whole debacle between my sister and my mother.  So after their spat, where Ma told her to never call her house again, Ma went up to her school. She left a envelope of money and some strange note. Got the secretary looking at her crazy.

And that made me mad. I have had fights with Ma and she has talk trash about me to folks. And I see the same thing occurring with my sister.

The goal right now is not to call her and give her a piece of my mind. I am doing real good if I can sit here and be quiet.

I just have a simple question. Why are you treating my sister like shit?

Excuse my language, but I just want to know the answer. I mean, this is the only family member that talk to Ma or try to hang with her. Why treat her so bad?

I just want to know. That has just been a burning question on my mind.  I would like a simple answer.

Ma lurks on my blog from time to time. Just call me and enlighten me, Ma. Without blaming everybody else for your misery.

I just need to not get all caught up in it. It's really rubbing me the wrong way.  I am a little sensitive when it comes to my sister.  That's all.

That's enough for today.

I need a drank. A good strong drank.

Let's see: I have some E&J, some Evan williams, some Bitch Wine, some tequila, some rum, and a bunch of other adult stuff in the cabinet. I rarely drink, though. Very rarely.

How about I just listen to the Song of the Day... while I drink from my red Solo cup of lemon water.



Yes. I like that song. Not what they are talking about, but the beats.

That is the first time I've ever seen the video. I can see myself knocking all that off the table. And I can see myself catching a beat down if I walk up in there while they are drinking and smoking...

And E40, why are you drinking and smoking in the video with your child? Get out of here.

LOL.

That is it for me. I am going to go off and have myself a decent weekend. Yes I will.

You do it too.

On purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! These randoms were interesting.

    "...I don't mind listening. We don't have many impartial people in our lives. I know I don't. So when you do find them, it is important."

    That statement is so true. I recently had an unexpected conversation and it did not well. The person thought they were helping with advice. I was trying to say it was not helping and I did not need. Instead the person got offended. SMH.

    I miss my bestfriend who passed away in June, he knew how to listen and he let me be me. Sometimes he encouraged other times he gave a talking to. All in all he was my soft place to land. I learned years ago to listen and determine if a person needs advice most of the time they don't. I tread carefully whether I give advice or not.

    I am SO surprised you cussed and wanted alcohol. I understand that for you to say those things means it hurt you to see your sister suffer what your mother did. I have mother issues nothing quite like yours. It hurts all the same.

    I am surprised your mother actually lurks here. Wow!

    I don't expect much for Christmas this year. Since I was 12 I have not expected a bunch of things for the holiday. This year I was asked what I wanted and I look forward to getting them. I tell ya it sucks to be 12 and not get anything for Christmas. Just maybe be more humble, grateful and a great giver.


    ReplyDelete
  2. @shai...

    That "unexpected" convo you had with that person would be my last with that person, honey. I don't know what is up, but my patience level with that type of thing is pretty much shot. Good convos where we can all voice our opinions and no one gets mad are few and far between these days.indeed.


    "... my soft place to land." I love the way you put that. And that's what we all need.

    Messing with my sister is a rough area for me. I am on the verge of taring up stuff. I hope my Book of Cuss stays buried in the backyard. And I hope to leave the liquor bottle alone.

    We don't like Christmas. And my mom is jumping on my sister about that too. Sigh.

    Yes i hear she lurks here. But nothing dramatic happens on my blog, so that probably makes it un appealing for her. I live a drama free life for the most part. And that has always been a problem, even when growing up.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!