Monday, December 02, 2013

Monday Night Fights

I meant to post this morning, but I had something to do.

Lucy Jr. was taken to the shop.

No worries. Her suspension is a little squeaky and I want to go ahead on and get that worked on.

The mechanic had to really drive it and hit some bumps just to hear it.

It reminded me of when I was test driving it.  Lady M, the seller, said a couple of times "Do you hear that squeak?"

My answer was no. And she said it needed new mounts. I saw it in her mechanic recommendation paperwork. And I thought, hmmm... we will cross that road when we get to it. I told my mechanic about what she said and he said don't bother with it unless I hear it. And now, some 8 months later, I hear it.

So let's take care of that before the beginning of 2014.

When I ride in Lucy Jr., I want to feel like I'm in a hanglider. No squeaks. Thank you very much.

Anyway, this was a good quiet weekend. I was SO happy not to have to work on Saturday. Oh my. Thought I would never say that.

I didn't even leave the house. I really needed to go to the electronics store and to pick up my meds but I didn't want to get caught up with a bunch of frenzied folks fighting in the aisles over deals. Not a good look.

Now, I participated in Black Friday once.  It was some 10 years ago, I believe, with my sister. We were standing in line at Macy's at 5 in the morning. I bought some plates or something half off.

Wasn't worth it. I don't even think I have those plates anymore. Hence, no more black Friday.

Speaking of my sister, she and I had to have another long long talk...

... after she got into a massive fight with my mother. At least they were on the phone. But it was bad nevertheless.

I tell you, these days, all I can do is listen. I always get the notion to call up mother and tell her about herself, but I don't want all the windows of my house and car busted out. It is something my sister is going to have to work out in some way. I'm not getting in that.

My sister is very quiet and she was shaken up over hearing herself yell and scream at someone.

I told her that sometimes people just take you there. I myself stay far from such people. People have taken me there and trust me, that's the last time we are talking. I don't have time for that type of high drama. Go sell that elsewhere.

But it all reminds me not to let my self-worth, self-esteem, and self-love be dependent on being accepted by someone. Never. That should come from inside.  The older I get, the more I realize that.

So I do my job of picking pieces of her heart up off the floor.

And I am realizing that it is a vicious cycle. I will be bending down picking up pieces of her heart again... and again.

And as a big sister that is what I do.

Oh well...

I need a good song. Some Earth Wind and Fire!!!

You know how I love Earth Wind and Fire! *backflips*

"Can't Hide Love"



"You want my love... betcha... oooooooh... Bet-CHA!!!"

As you can tell, that's my favorite part of the song. Yes indeed.

LOL.

That is all for Monday Night fights.  I get up early in the morning and turn Lucy Jr. in to the mechanic. Then I ride the train to work.  OH JOY! What interesting things will I see on the MARTA train tomorrow??

I am looking forward to a good week. Especially since it will be warming up to near 70.  Glory!

This year is 92.3% over.  That means we only have a little time left to get it ALL done.

Whatever "all" is!

So go ahead and work that out!  On purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!